Free

"I can give you the rest of the 4% that amounts to a 80 million.", Emir said as he sat behind the desk.

I sucked in a sudden breath.

"And just why would you do that?", I asked.

"Consider it a business decision. I would have stake in your company and earn myself healthy money. Yours is one of the fastest growing companies in lingerie, Sana.", he explained.

"I sense a but in there.", I said careful to frame my words.

"My lawyer will explain this part.", he said. A young woman dressed smartly in business casual, entered the room.

"A pleasure, Miss Bianchi", she said and shook my hand.

" Call me Sana.", I said automatically.

"As you know, that Mr. Aslan and Ms.Lemaire, the other owner of the company have been engaged in a battle of ownership for the majority rights of the company. Mr. Aslan is currently losing the battle as he had been unable to manage the LA office for the past two years. The sales have hit a slump in this branch.", she said.

"What does this have to do with anything?"

"He does not what to lead anymore. He wants you to lead this fashion house.", she stated nonchalantly.

I did not understand a single thing.

"I suggested an acquisition of Boss Lady and then merging it into the House of Aslan-Lemaire as the company's new lingerie division. Then he would want you take over as CEO.", she went on.

"Wait! What about Clementine?", I asked.

"Mr. Aslan proposed buying her out of the company. There are rumors that she is looking for.....options.", she trailed off.

"The cost of this endeavor will be paid with what money exactly? I know the finances of the house are in a less than optimum state!",I said.

"With my Rosé's fortunes.", Emir said, speaking up for the first time since this unbelievable idea started off.

"Unfortunately, there is a problem.", the lawyer interjected again.

"His late wife left a condition in her will of dispersing her massive fortunes. Mr. Aslan can only access those funds if he marries again. It's an airtight clause that she perfected over years and can only be accessed by his new wife.", she said.

Shit just got weirder.

"And just what do you suggest? That I marry him to get access to that money?"

I lost my temper.

"Is this a part of your plan to woo me, Emir? Because, I am not finding it funny! ", I said absolutely livid.

His eyes turned cold.

"It's been two weeks Sana. Jane Marconi shows no interest in letting you into the company. Even if she did, you won't have control over the board. You may be ousted again at her whim.", he said. His tone was chilly as if he had thought about this for a long time.

"You realize that this is insane, right? I am promised to someone else.", I said unwilling to let go of my anger.

"Eh! Perhaps I should step out of the room.", the lawyer said and hastily went out.

I was about to leave too but a tug on my hand and I was pressed against the wall. My breath whooshed out of me.

"You didn't think about promises, when you kissed me, Sana. ", he said caging me against the wall.

My breath quickened.

" How dare you try to force me into a corner? You know that I love my company! How dare you use it to gain my affections. I trusted you!", I fumed.