Who am I?

Two weeks ago...

Jonathan walked alongside the busy streets of New York with cars and people driving and running next to him. "So many humans" he thought to himself. He crossed a large street and stepped into an orphanage.

-"Name and age?" a woman sitting at the reception asked.-"My name is Dr. Jonathan Spengler and I'm 26 years old." The woman looked up. Jonathan looked at an old woman with grey hair and blue eyes.

-"Jonathan! Nice to see you again. I'd guess you have an appointment with Missy?" He smiled slightly and said:- "That would be correct Marlene." -"Well just go in, she is already expecting you."

On the other side of the city a woman was talking to her daughter on the phone.-"Kids? Callie Spengler! You married him a week ago and you already want kids?"-"Is it so hard to understand mum? We don't want kids yet!But we do want them in the future."

-"I remember when I had you..!" The woman wasn't able to speak the last words out loud. "I was so happy when I got you and your brother." she thought to herself. -"Mum are you ok?" -"Uh yes yes. Let's end this call here." -"Ok bye Mum." The woman hung up.

Jonathan walked into a dark office. -"Johnny! You came back." He sighed and walked towards the large desk where a middle aged woman was sitting, smiling at him.

-"Please don't call me Johnny.You know I hate that!" -"Sorry Jonathan. Why are you here anyway? You never particulary liked it here so I couldn't imagine a reason for you to come back." -"I want to know who my parents are."

"Oh." The woman's smile faded away and she pointed at the seat opposite to her. Jonathan sat down and looked her in the eyes, seeing the disbelief und suprise she must be feeling right now. -"Are you serious Johnny?" -"I'm always serious."

-"Well then. I don't exactly know who your parents are. You and a letter were left on our doorstep. The letter said: Who ever finds this letter I am the kids mother. His name is Jonathan Spengler. If he should ever ask who his parents are then tell him the adress of his father. He can go to him because I don't want to see him again! He has to much of his father. That's all."

Jonathan looked at her in shock and was not able to speak. Silently she gave him the letter and he walked out of the orphanage. He hadoriginally planned to tell her that he now had a doctor in Physics, Math and Parapsychology but as soon as he had heard what my mother wrote Jonathan forgot it. He looked at the adress. "My father is a man named Egon Spengler who lives in the middle of nowhere!", he mumbled to myself.

Jonathan walked towards a giant arpartment building and went inside.