So what's the plan Egon?

Two hours earlier...

Egon knew that nothing would surprise him today. So when Jonathan called him to tell him that he had really managed to convince his old friends that Gozer was indeed coming back. He was even less surprised to find a private jet waiting for him at the nearest airport; Winston must have been richer than he thought by now.

He decided, however, that he could hardly face his friends looking the way he did at the moment. After a quick shower and shave, he put on one of the remaining suits in his wardrobe. A dark blue shirt together with a grey suit and a black tie.

He knew that somewhere on his farm, or whatever it was, there was a car that was still worth seeing. After five minutes of searching, he found the car and the keys. Egon hoped that with the other car the sheriff would finally leave him alone. This assumption was also correct, because Egon could drive through Summerville without having to endure an unnecessary vehicle inspection.

After arriving at the airport and passing through security, Egon marched towards the private jet that bore Winston's surname in wide, colourful letters.

Seems like Winston has become even richer in the last fifteen years, Egon thought to himself. However, he was jolted out of his thoughts when he arrived at the plane.

- "You must be Dr. Egon Spengler! It's a great pleasure to meet you, sir. My name is Percival Chavez, and I'm delighted to be your pilot today."

- "The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Chavez," Egon said with a slight smile.

- "May I ask how you know Mr. Zeddemore?" asked Percival as the two climbed the stairs to the plane.

Egon ran a hand through his hair with an uncertain expression.

- "Well, Winston I worked together in the eighties and we were pretty good friends too."

The two arrived at the door and before they could go in, Percival turned to Egon with a questioning look.

- "You were friends? Now you're not?"

Although Egon's face remained expressionless, pain and regret could be seen in his eyes. He took a deep breath and then said:

- "It's a long story, young man. However, I hope to restore our friendship when I meet him in New York."

Percival let Egon enter the plane and closed the door. Apparently he could see that Egon had been somewhat uncomfortable with the previous question and so quickly added,

- "I'm sorry if the question was too personal Doctor Spengler."

Egon turned around.

- "No problem, Mr.Chavez"

- "Then make yourself comfortable, we'll be in New York in two hours!"

______

Now...

Peter sighed and looked around. Only Ray and he were still in the front of the shop, Winston, Janine and Jonathan had retreated to the back under the excuse that Ray and Peter had said the most bad things to Egon and therefore should be the first to apologise to him.

Peter put his hands behind his head and stared at the ceiling.

- "I wonder what will happen if Egon doesn't accept our apologies," he said worriedly.

Ray stopped sorting books and turned to Peter.

- "Calm down, Peter. You know Egon, don't you? I'm sure he'll accept the apology."