November 1994

Severus had been pulled into Dumbledore's office along with Minerva one evening. It appeared as though the first triwizard event was going to be bloody fucking dragons. Minerva McGonagall was livid.

"This is absolutely reckless! How is Potter to survive this? Without Miss Granger to teach him any kind of methods..." Minnie trailed off with an exacerbated huff. Severus, for what it was worth, was annoyed too. Surely Potter would either get eaten or roasted. Then he would no longer be burdened with the need to protect him. Surely Lily would forgive him if he couldn't save her fucking son from a fucking dragon because his name was entered into a fucking contest.

"Don't worry, Minerva. I have a plan to get Harry some help, Hagrid is quite awful at keeping secrets you see, and it appears he has been made aware of the dragons by Charlie Weasley".

Minerva sighed with relief. Hagrid would tell Potter and Potter would tell Granger and Granger would pull every book in the library and find a method. Severus rolled his eyes. Waste of time this bloody meeting was if Dumbledore already had a plan.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Several days passed by, it seemed Olivia was purposefully avoiding him. Maybe she finally figured out what a git he was. Did he make her mad by turning her away? It was only a bit of fun, and she didn't seem mad at the time. She easily could've transfigured herself some clothes if it was really an issue. Nevertheless, Severus found himself in a bad mood. 

The potions master was in his classroom, getting it set up. He smirked as he plotted his potion lesson for the day. He'd make Potter test his antidote. Maybe a bit of poisoning would pull him from the tournament? Or if it didn't, it would still be fun to watch the boy puke for a few days. He really should learn bloody potions. Severus was startled when he heard shouting outside his classroom. Striding to the door, he pulled it open and menacingly stepped into the corridor.

"And what is all this noise about?" said Snape is a soft, deadly voice. The Slytherins shouted out their explanations but Severus didn't care to listen. He pointed a finger at Malfoy and snapped, "Explain."

"Potter attacked me, sir..."

"We attacked each other at the same time!" Harry shouted.

"... And he hit Goyle! Look!" Snape examined Goyle, whose face now resembled a disgusting form of poisonous fungus.

"Hospital wing, Goyle," Snape said calmly.

"Malfoy got Hermione!" Ron whined. "Look!" Weasley pulled Granger's hand away from her mouth which was desperately trying to cover up her rapidly growing teeth.

Some of Snape's Slytherin girls were bent over silently laughing, pointing at her behind his back. Foolish children, as if he wasn't able to tell what they were doing. Snape looked coldly at Hermione, then said, "I see no difference."

"