Chapter six ||grandmother's ring||

Chapter six

 [Jadelyne’s POINT OF VIEW]

I woke up at five in the morning, it was still too early to get ready somehow, I just can’t wait to go to school today, and what I hate admitting that it might be because of James. He must be a witch for something, god why do I even care about him.

I’ll be in that damn school for like less than two months before I move to University Brunei Darussalam, and he would still be there, in Jerudong International School. God, there is just something about him, not sure if it is his eyes that when they look at me, at the butterflies in my tummy starts flying.

My phone buzzed on the table beside my bed, I took it to see Mike’s name popping out of the screen, “hello, Mike? What’s up?” I answered.

“Morning, beautiful. I called because my car, won’t start and my parents are still in bed and I can’t take their car because they have work and so, I need a ride, what you say?” his voice were soft in the other end, making it obvious that he was nervous to call.

“Yeah sure, I’ll go get ready and I’ll go pick you up, maybe breakfast at Mc Donald’s?” I did get dinner last night, can’t stop thinking about James, god I forgot about my homework, ergh.

“Sure, I haven’t had breakfast too; I’ll wait for you, Jade.” He said “alright, be there soon” I answered and hung up the phone, put it back on the table and went for a shower.

**********

I arrived at Mike house just fifteen minutes after we called; I’m not like the other girls that take like three hours to get everything ready. I just had to shower five minutes, put on my uniform for like three minutes and went straight for Mike house, I let the window open instead of using the air conditioner, to help dry my hair. My hair was almost dry but the time I reached Mike’s house.

He waited for me in the front porch, he waved at me as he walk to the car, he look a bit different today, it must be his outfit, the principle, let’s the soccer and basketball, wear whatever outfit they wanted, but today was an assembly so, everyone had to use the school uniform.

“Morning, beautiful” he said as he sat beside me, I smiled at him and waited for him to use the seat beat, “Morning, Mike, you hungry? Because I am, didn’t eat dinner last night” I stated.

“Yeah, I’m hungry, so drive like the wind!” he said as he pointed to the front making me laugh as I which gears and drove.

**********

We ordered out meal and carried it to a table; it was already 6.30 we had about ten minutes to eat and another ten to be at school. The assembly always started after break time around ten and Mike and I had first period off, it’s just we needed to get our attendance at six.

“So, what are you doing this Saturday?” Mike asked as he took a bit from his pancake and waited or an answer. “I got dozens of home works and I seriously need to finish, I was too distracted on Saturday and Sunday to do it.”

“How about next Saturday then?” he asked maybe not taking the hint earlier, I never like this part, where friends would fall for me and I have to let them down, it wasn’t easy hurting them.

“Mike, what is this? I mean what are you asking? For a date? You know I don’t do that, right?” I said as I saw his smile faded and hurt me as well, it was never easy, but he should have none from the start, hell, he already know from the start but still try, he is just making it hard for the both of us.

“maybe, Jade, come on, don’t say I’m not good enough for you” he said trying to get my head straight “I like you, if it isn’t obvious already” he said as he looked away from me “at least give me a chance” he said this time taking my free hand, which I felt like taking back but I couldn’t it would hurt him more.