Chapter 6- Nothingness

When something goes wrong, I was told that there are two things to blame: the government or gravity.

I'm not entirely sure that I agree about the government. Sure, I don't agree with everything the government does, but I really don't concern myself with it that much. As long as they allow me to live my quiet, happy little life, I'm good.

Some people get all worked up, saying that the government is destroying itself and that our country might not even exist in a couple years. I have been forced to listen to multiple debates about the terrible government, but the whole time, I am bored.

I'd rather live my life as happily as I can without being in fear of my country's government exploding. So what if the government has flaws? Everyone has their own personal flaws. That is why there is such a thing as fixing mistakes. I'd rather accept what I get than blame the government for everything wrong that goes on in my life.

But on the other hand, I completely agree that gravity is the one to blame for troubles.

I can walk without vision, without light or anything to help lead me, but no matter what, I am destined to fall.

Think about it. If you walk around in a dark room with no light, the chances of bumping into something are really good. You can't see, so you have no way of knowing when you're going to fall. And when you do bump some obstacle, thanks to gravity, you fall.

When I broke my favorite glass, it was gravity's fault for making it fall. When I dropped a brick on my foot, it was gravity's fault. That's right. I blame it all on gravity.

I would have just assumed to let that brick just float in the air, but gravity had other ideas. Gravity really is responsible because it is bigger and stronger than me.

****

Okay, so Don wanted to meet with me. He said something about how he hasn't seen me for awhile, but I knew what he wanted.

I believe I mentioned that I have a hole in my heart, and that I have this G2V that keeps my heart going. Well it would be too easy for me to be able to walk away and forget that my heart has problems. No, every once in a while, Don like to meet up with me to check my blood and heart to make sure that the solaris is doing its job.

I know that physically wise, my heart is as good as it will ever be, but Don always has to check, just to be safe. Oh, safe. If I cared about safety, I would lock myself in a closet so that no one could ever break my heart. That would actually be a good idea if I was smart.

But yeah, I'm a fool. I do things that I regret later even when I desperately try to watch my cruel tongue.

But anyways, I agreed to meet Don at some town so that he could examine my heart and ensure that it is protected.

We actually got together at this cute little Taco Bell restaurant. Don suggested it because he knows that I am sort of addicted to their Mountain Dew Baja Blast. It may be bad for my heart, but I have a tendency to over do it a little when drinking that stuff.

I think it's really nice that Don came over to California just to check on my heart, but all we did over lunch was small talk. I appreciate him, but he isn't really my family. The only reason he monitors my heart is that no one else is supposed to know about my solaris. If it malfunctions and I collapse somewhere, I could get sent to some other hospital. Things could get ugly real fast.

But I guess Don does care about me, kind of. I mean, he manages all of my finances for me, even though I am like an adult now. Apparently my dad left me a lot of money, which I have been living off of for a while.

I have never physically seen the money, but every time I swipe my debit card, it goes through. And Don makes sure that my half of the rent for the duplex that Konnie and I share is payed for. It's convenient because that means there is no need for me to have a summer job.