Suspicious

A/N: I honestly hate writing and reading like this, but whatever.)

᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾
                                                   🍾Markus🍾
Elijah: Did she actually though? Or are you saying she did, just to be petty.🤨

Markus: No, I don't think she did. But still, Shelly is so annoying. her parents must hate her to even name her Shelly🙄

Elijah: Okay, whatever my Dear, Markus.
Elijah: But I gotta go to sleep, work in the morning, night❤️

Markus: Night, Babe Doll🫶🏼

                                    Wednesday, October 5th 21, at 12:09 Am

Elijah: Hey, Markus, are you nearby?

❍❍❍

Elijah sighed, impatiently tap her foot.

Markus: Wow, entire year, and you text me about work, first thing?
That's so disrespectful.

Elijah: Markus...

Markus: You, know that's funny the last thing you texted, me was, and I quote,
"But I gotta, got to sleep, work in the morning, night.❤️" end quote.

While everyone else dodged her, Elijah continued to mindlessly walk to the second floor lobby.

Sitting down on one of the orange couches the second floor lobby had, she laughed at his pettiness, he even put the red heart.

Markus: But that was the last time you've spoken to me.

Markus: Now here you are again. Talking about work.

Elijah: I know, I'm sorry, blah, blah, I'll make it up to you, blah, blah, blah.

Markus: You're so, immature, and you BETTER make it up to me.
Markus: Anyways, why do you need me?
Markus: Wait, no, don't tell me.
Markus: Let, me guess.

Elijah: Martha
Markus: Martha

Markus: I knew, it. Skank, can't keep her mouth shut, let alone mind her business for the love of God.

Markus: But...what she say👀🍵

Elijah, scoffed.

Elijah: You're such a hypocrite🤦🏽‍♀️

Markus: Whatever.

—-incoming call from "Chase"-—

Elijah tsk'ed before answering the phone call, bringing the phone as close as she can to herself, and as far away from others.

When Elijah answers, Markus's raucous voice immediately starts, "We got to go-get you some AirPods, because I know you're somewhere in a corner or something, trying to hide your conversation."

Elijah rolled her eyes and walked towards a corner. She could hear Markus moving around a lot, assuming he was getting ready to come to work.

Yeah, Elijah knew she might've been overstepping some boundaries as a worker, but who gave a frick about who greeted them and sorted papers out, WHEN THEY'VE ALREADY BEEN SORTED!

Her previous boss never minded or noticed, and no one else has ever said anything either.

Until Markus's little accident.
His slip-up.

Elijah could hear him grumble about not having enough of something before he asked her, "But seriously. What did she say to make you call me up there and replace her?"

Elijah in her corner looked like she was talking to herself biting on her nails, she stopped stunned. "I- you're not replacing her. I'm just giving her the day off for a bit."

"You know, the usual."

"Hmm hm, and yet this quote on quote, "usual" hasn't happen in two—almost three years. So what's the issue."

As if simply hearing it wasn't enough, Elijah could see his pursed lips as he easily slid past her bullsh*t.

"Alright, hold on." Putting her phone at her side, Elijah walked to the nearest bathroom which was thankfully a single-gender neutral one.

Softy shutting the door, Elijah locked it.

"Okay, basically-"

Markus butted in, cutting off Elijah. "Uh-uh Elijah, you've got to start from the beginning. Because anytime you do that "basically"sh*t, your story be all over the place.

Elijah took the phone away from her face, and took in deep breathes, in...and out.

In...and out.

"Okay Markus,let's start from the beginning."
——————————————-
᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾

1:45-3:14 am

June 14 22

Editing,

5:54PM-6:19PM