An Odd Beginning

Collin
I am faced with going back to New York and dealing with my father and grandfather telling me it is time to get back to work along with getting a wife and start creating little heirs(male ones) I personally think that only men can run major companies or any company at all. No wonder my mother divorced my father. She is now an owner of her father's company. Dad and granddad couldn't get their hands on it. Another reason for the divorce was they were both trying to bully her into giving up her father's company to them. The fights over women aren't capable of running anything but the household and giving birth got old. So I left them to their battles and knew just what would happen once I left. Dad no longer had me to use. I know dad and granddad have no idea how much I appreciate that women can be very capable in everything they put their m8 do to do. I see Mia and she is extremely smart and could go far with her culinary talents but she relies to much in her families money to get through life. I want her not to do as my mother was forced to do and that was to go from her fathers home to her husbands family home as a wife and only as a wife. Then a mother. Mia deserves more than that. She needs to shine her light on the world.
Mia
Collin has to go back to New York and he wants me to come with him for a week just to get away from Seattle and think about what I really want. I am wavering a bit after he talked to me about his parents and his grandfather who lives by the old rules of wife and mother do not work outside the home. I guess they are wanting him to marry one of his grandfathers friends granddaughters. He wants a partner not the wife of yesteryear. Mom says she thinks he is giving me a roadmap to his heart and mind and a possible future with him. Dad and mom agree with him about my choice of friends and that I don't see them for the people they truly are. So I agreed to take a week off and go visit Collin. He seems thrilled by the aspect until he sees me get off the GEH jet and my security team with me. Then he smiles at me.
Collin
I wasn't thrilled she used her brother's jet and his bodyguards, but then I realized he has insisted since like me we are always in danger of being kidnapped and killed because of who we are and who are family members are. I hug her and kiss her cheek as we load her luggage. I had three cars come to get what luggage she might have brought. We got it all in two cars. She will be staying in my penthouse in the big guest room. Which is actually the master bedroom. I feel that my guest should have the best room in my place. I have two adjoining guest rooms as my living quarters. People think I am odd for doing this, but my home, my choice. Now my game plan is to get her to show her culinary skills to a few of the top chefs here and then watch her as she grows in the direction she chose after graduating from culinary schools of varying degrees. I might be a bit manipulative in this, but getting her out of Seattle was my first step to helping her become independent of her family. I want her eyes open to just how far she can go in the world without depending on anyone anymore. Mom is learning how to run her father's company. It is difficult, but she hit the ground running. Nancy Ford Knight is stumbling but she finally stepped into Mark Fords size 13 shoes. She hired several women and promoted many others. I picture her father rolling over and over in his grave.
Nancy
Collin brought his young lady friend to visit me and see how I am doing running my own business. Ben tried like hell to get my dad's business but the attorneys told him he had to give me half of the marital assets and since our divorce became final before I got the company in my name. I walked away with a nice nest egg from the Knight family. My dad had a clause in the will that made sure no one but me would own and run his company. He realized I being his inky heir that he need3d to protect me from being bullied out if what he left me. So for me to inherit I had to run the company and it had to stay in the Ford name. Good thing he told me to used both my last names after marrying Ben. Charles Ford was harassed by the Knights to sell or merge his company with them since they were going to be family. He laughed at them and told them his company would never be theirs. He made me promise him that on his death bed and we went to work on how to divorce Ben and assure he got none of my inheritance. I already know about Mia and seeing her I can see why he has been hanging around Seattle for so long. I have her sit in on some meetings and let her see how the men still try to bully we women around even me as the owner. It didn't go over well with her and that's exactly why Collin brought her to my office today. Of course they tried to butter her because of her brothers and asked if she could get them a meeting. I was so proud of her when she shot them down and told them she doesn't force her way into her family's businesses or help anyone get in to see them. She also stated if their ideas were that great he would already be talking to them. That shot two of them down, but I also know we have two man and three women being headhunted by Christian Grey and Elliott Grey.
Mia
Wow just wow, the abject horror at seeing the man in there bullying the actual owner of the company. Then some of them had the audacity to ask me to get a meeting with my brothers right in front of Nancy. I told them no but in a more succinct way.