Chapter 18: Duties

In a kitchen, an alien chef was shouting at the staff, adding more pressure on them. It was a busy day for all of them since they are now on the front line, the means that would determine the survival of their planet from an unexpected visitor.

"Men stir those pots, make sure you don't overcook anything, everything to perfection, our goddamn lives depend on it." Sweat poured down his face when peeped through the small window on the door. There he saw his leader standing next to a table, his stoic face was contrasted by his consultant who was terrified to no end.

Lord Beerus sat at said table with his feet kicked up chewing on a drumstick while Whis stood beside him eating a slice of cake. He pulled out the bone, flicking it at the wall, creating a hole there, causing the consultant to jump with fear.

"More!" Beerus shouted, patting his stomach, "I am barely even full yet."

"Well Lord Beerus, there is food before you, why don't you try those."

"I did, and it is disgusting."

This broke the chef's heart, his blood boiled at the statement, but if he were to voice his opinion he would be creating another hole in the wall, along with painting it yellow (that's the colour of their blood). He turned to his crew, tears in his eyes, he couldn't find the strength to shout at them, considering all his best dishes have already been served and had not been touched by the cat.

Beer is then asked the lead "You enjoy this stuff? Be honest."

"I do, most of these are a rear delicacy on my planet."

"Hmmm, well, I hate the word delicacy. It's a nice way of saying you eat horrible food for status."

The lead face persists while his consultant continues to cower, thoughts of fleeing came about, but how would that look if the planet is spared.

"That's one way of looking at it, Lord Beerus, I will keep that in mind going forward." The leader responds.

"Going forward? You hear that Whis, they think feeding me disgusting food, delicacy is going to stop me from destroying their world."

Whis still enjoying the cake, "Well Lord Beerus, their desserts are amazing."

"Screw that! I asked for a feast, not a snack, for that this planet will be terminated. I advise you to beg for mercy."

Leader's hands still behind his back, as all his men begin to beg for mercy, the chef ran out of the kitchen, grovelling on the ground begging for their planet. This caused Beerus to chuckle, but when he looked that the leader, who stood there unflinching he responded to the Cat.

"I am not begging for something that you don't have. I shall not waste my breath, for if I am to die, or my people, I want to die knowing that I stood as a leader, as the example of what we should be."

Whis was touched by his speech, but Beerus didn't share the same sentiment, "So you disobey my order and standing here justifying why? I was considering showing mercy, but since you say I have none, I shall not, you want to die a hero? So be it."

With that, Beerus stood up, as he tapped a finger on the table, as everything and everyone begin to disappear. That's when the leader's stoicism break, begging for forgiveness, however, he was dusted as quickly as everything else. Holding his stomach, Beerus yawned, gesturing to Whis to take them to the next planet.

"If this one is just as bad we are done for today. Considering on going back to earth for some pudding to take back home."

"Sure thing Lord Beerus, Chocolate pudding?"

"Only the best Whis, only the best."

They arrived at the other planet, standing before the king, who was in the middle of, let's just say, action in the sheets. His companions were startled by the two arrivals, while the king jumped over them, and begin bowing before the Beerus.