Chapter 38: Grave digger

Floating above the downed Saiyan, the new god creased his brow. What being dare halt him? None other than the Prince himself. The two egotistical creatures stared at each other, Darksied more concerned with Beerus than this worm under his boot.

"Why are you touching me? And you said you are going to what?"

"You are a god aren't you? sure you heard what I said." Vegeta smirked, he then powered up to Blue, using the strength boost to overcome the aura, it still felt like running through molasses, but he was on his feet but was quickly on the other planet distances away.

Goku was flying toward where the anomaly energy last was, that when he saw a spec shot pass him at the speed of light. "Huh, a naked guy." He muttered. As he landed next to the stunned Gohan. "Hey Gohan, glad to see you are up and at em."

His son paid him no mind, his eyes fixed on the approaching new god. Beerus sat on the ground, his wounds slowly closing up, him praying it close soon.

"Hey, you look strong," Goku said, he began stretching as he walked in front of Beerus.

"There is no way you are surviving this one Saiyan, leave while you can."

"Lighten up Beerus." Goku flashed a smile, he then stretched his legs and put his thumb up.

Darkseid floated before the Saiyan, he then dropped his weight, kicking up some dust. He squinted then smile, "Not many can stand before me."

"Yeah, you killed a lot of people."

"People...people." Darkseid chuckled, then smile, "I killed more than people."

Goku scratched his chin, he nodded at his statement. With his glee of determination, his pure heart and mind, the Saiyan looked Darkseid square in the eye, "Well if any, you are not going to do that to my family, friends, or anyone in this or any other universe."

Darkseid teased, "And who are you to speak? You sound a lot like Kal-El. Must be him, a version of him in this universe, why am I not surprised."

"I am not Carl Ell, my name is Son Goku." His chest puffed out, his hair danced with the wind, and Beerus wasn't surprised to see Goku, bold as ever stand up to Darkseid.

He knows it's one thing to stand up to him, but it's another to fight him, and right now. There wasn't anything to tell Goku, that would convince him to back down.

"Very well, Son Goku." Just like Vegeta before him, Goku was out of sight. Darkseid walked towards Beerus, who was now fully healed, however, his stamina was still low from his duel. He stood up anyway ready to fight, however, Gohan now stepped up, taking his stance. "Another fly to swat away?" Darkseid was ready to smack him aside.

From heaven up above, Vegeta return planetside, he punched Darkseid on the top of his head, causing the god to drop to one knee, he looked up to see Vegeta standing before him, his hair red, hands on his waist, "Kneel before your king." He teased, about to punch the god again, he was swatted aside just like before. This time he was still in the atmosphere.

Before Darkseid can fire an Omega beam, Goku came in with a flying kick. Darkseid didn't flinch, as he swatted him aside. Vegeta came back down, and the same happened to him. Realising that they are strong opponents, Darksied smiled, "Appetisers

The duo came in for a coordinated attack, but Darkseid proved his strength, he punched Goku with a quick flurry, then swatted him into Vegeta, with then pounded both of them at once then kicked them aside. Goku realising he can't brawl in base powered up to Super Saiyan God, something felt off. He wondered if he was forgetting something, but then shake it off.

"We do this together Kakarot! Like we always do!"

"Right."

The two tore up the terrain as they flew towards Darkseid, his hands moved like a blur as he assaulted the duo again. He fired his beam at Goku, who tried to block it with his Ki, but it went straight through. The other one hit Vegeta causing them both to crash, not only did they feel the hand of god, they felt his gaze. However, that wasn't enough to stop them.

They still spring back up, Goku slammed the ground kicking up rocks, Vegeta manoeuvres through them and lobbed a few at Darkseid, who swatted them aside. Goku and Vegeta believing that was enough of a distraction went in for the attack, Darksied ate all and return with powerful blows of his own.

Like clockwork, he knocked them away, "This is boring." Yawned Darkseid. So the duo powered up again, remaining in SSG, they moved with much more speed than before, Vegeta moving more animalistic while Goku with grace.

With a snort, Darksied effortlessly dodged each attack, he countered Vegeta with a hit to his gut, his fist was already as big as the Saiyan torso, so it damaged his already messed up ribs even more. Goku collected an elbow to the temple, causing him to flip away landing face first into the dirt.

Gohan was impressed, still, something felt off to the half Saiyan. There was something he is not accounting for.

Nevertheless, it didn't change the fact that Darkseid was now pummeling both Goku and Vegeta, again, the two powered up more and more with each time they got swatted.

Goku roared as he charged a Kamehameha, but the omega beam darted around it when fired and tagged him, Vegeta tried to attack him from behind, but Darkseid side-stepped and elbowed him in the back. He then played keep up with the Saiyan's body and kicked him aside to his rival.

It wasn't over yet, the Saiyans got back up, this time powering up to another level, SSGSS. They blitz the new God, and with a powerful kick from Vegeta and a Punch from Goku, they managed to cause Darkseid to move. They huffed and puffed, then rushed him again with fury. Proving again that he is, Darkseid folded his arms behind his back and fired his Omega beams at the duo. Golu stumbled but Vegeta fought through the pain as flesh got burnt off.

Through sheer determination, he came in close enough to smack Darksied face.  Like a stonewall, he didn't move, with a dismissive gesture, he slapped Vegeta aside.

Blood oozed from his wounds as the Saiyan rise to his feet, again he powered up, tapping into that hidden power. His fangs grow, along with his hair, he thought about the ills that Brainiac have done, they thought of Bulma and his child getting hurt. In an instant, his Ki rose sharply, and then he rushed towards Darkseid, his attack cleared out a significant portion of the planet's crust.

The new god put his hand to block the attack, "Now, that was something, but it wasn't anything special." He swing at Vegeta, who evaded his hand, he kicked him in the chest, again the force doing major damage to the surroundings. Darkseid smiled, with one clap, he caused damage on par with a nuke.

Vegeta tumbled back, landing on his feet.

"Your power, if that's all you can muster then you have no chance of defeating me."

"Oh, there is more," Vegeta said smugly, wiping the dribble from his face. He powered up to his maximum, his Ki covering a wide radius, destroying the ground, and shaking the planet itself. Hair grew on his body, and his face almost had an almost beast-like appearance. "It's not perfect, but hey, it makes me stronger."

Goku hopped up from where he was, he too powered up, his hair from blue to silver, his stance calm, and collected.

Darkseid laughed, "Your race is peculiar, but let us see if you are telling the truth."

Beerus and Whis were stunned at Vegeta's new form if it's even one. But the god of destruction scoffed, claiming that wouldn't be enough to stop him.

"Kakarot, I was saving this for you, but we have a universe to protect."

The duo again rushed Darkseid, with their clash resulting in them somehow disappearing.

"Where did they go?" Gohan asked, as his eyes dart around.

Whis then smile, "It seems their clash caused them to enter a higher plain of existence, just like you did Lord Beerus."

The cat remain sour as ever, he got up and stretch, "Nevermind that, I am ready to face off against him when he returns. Sad to say it kid, but your father is as good as dead."