Chapter 23: shake it off.

Hundreds lay unconscious after the sudden spike rupture of the universe. Fragments of earth lashed the sides of the ship, Frieza in awe at the magnitude of destruction that was laid out before him, his head, however, felt like something bore a hole and left it for the elements to have their way.

"What just happened?" Trunks grunted, picking himself up with what little strength he had left.

Krillin lay on the ground, bleeding from his nose, he couldn't help but compare that feeling too when Goku was fighting Beerus when they first met. Yet this was far more powerful, like his very being, his body getting tugged on either side. Tried calling out to his wife, but he couldn't speak, his throat was filled with blood, he fought to turn to the side to get it out, but his body was numb.

Not like this, he thought, as tears streamed down his cheek, he fought for air, trying to push out the blood, but he didn't have the strength to lift his chest. "Damnit, not like this!" He tried to breathe out, but the pain from just thinking hurt just as much.

Superman laid on the floor as well, just as groggy, his super-hearing picked up on the blood that Krillin was gaggling, he tried standing up, but his knee buckled. "Hold on a bit longer." He squeaked out, his body aching as well.

He crawled along the floor, digging his fingertips into the metal. That hurt more than it should, considering what he is capable of, but whatever it is, saving the life that is laid before him is a priority. He made it, nudging Krillin's head to the side, as a pool of blood trickled out. Krillin gasped for air, now that the blockage left, but now a stinging feeling from being moved at all.

When everything settled, people complained about their bodies aching, the splitting headaches, and some unresponsive. And the worst of all, the dead. What just happened? Was the question of the hour, as the ship hobbled along to its destination. They were expecting a quick quiet trip, but how can you be quiet when your loved one is injured/dead.

Those who had strength, did their best to tend to the weak, some packed the dead down a chute.

Goku rubbed his head, as he is suffering from whatever that was, "Damn...whatever that was, it wasn't normal."

Yamcha held his head in a bag, anticipating his lunch to come out. Tien leaned against the wall, his eyes bandaged up since he was bleeding from them moments earlier. The children were out cold. Pan, Bulla and Mirin. Surprisingly Android 18 was fine, it must have been her physiological make-up that kept her from feeling the ripple too badly.

Frieza came in, riding his hoverchair with an ice pack on his head. Next to him was Superman, who had Krillin on his back. 18 rushed to tend to her husband, who whispered into her ears, "He.......saved.......me....." he finally gave in, passing out from his injuries.

Superman grabbed onto Frieza by the neck choking him, "What...the hell was that?!"

"That was not my doing!" He said, using his tail to flick off the weak man of steel, "My men got similar reports of this happening throughout the universe, meaning whatever it was, it was universal in scale."

"Brainiac" muttered Superman, "That's the only explanation!"

Goku, now fully aware of how serious this threat is, scowls at how lightly he was taking it earlier. "I should have listened to Vegeta. We should have raced after that thing the moment we had gotten the chance."

They didn't say a word, Frieza however broke the silence, "It makes no sense sitting here feeling sorry for yourself. I have ordered some of my fleets to track down the source, as so as I get back word, I don't care if you are with me or not, I going to teach that thing a lesson."