Chapter 45| River

"Here baby, I made you pancakes." I say placing a stack of pancakes down in front of Emily, with chocolate chips making the shape of a heart. On each and every pancake. If that's not cheesy romantic-ness I don't know what is.

"Riv, what are you even doing up? And how did you know I was up?" Emily asks, then looks to Wyatt. "I thought it was our little secret!"

"What? I didn't say anything!" Wyatt cries setting down his word search puzzle.

"You guys have a secret? No fair." I mumble frowning. I'm just joking though. I honestly don't care if they have secrets they keep from me, I have this little thing called trust. Plus, it probably has to do with the fact that neither of the two sleep very well, so I bet they hang together. Good for them, finding ways to deal with whatever it is. I know for a fact Wyatt needs someone with him at night, after the stunt he pulled a few days ago, we can't really leave him alone at all.

Wyatt doesn't like it, but he understands we just have to take safety measures. He's been diagnosed with chronic depression since he was six years old. It never really leaves for him, he'll get some time where it's barely there, and then times when it's all he can think about and can't even get out of bed. He's tried things, several times. We've gotten much much better at keeping him safe, because we've learned as the years go by. Soon, it'll get to the point where he will never even think of doing bad things.... Hopefully.

"Where's my pancakes?" Wyatt asks, pouting.

"I could only carry one plate at a time. Yours are still in the kitchen." I say grinning.

"Ok, how the hell did you know we were both up, and where we were?" Emily asks, giving me a look.

"We have thin walls." I say shrugging. That's a complete lie. Mom and dad made sure we have practically soundproof walls. Which at the start worked fine, until we realized that's bad for Wyatt. But it's fine, it's not hard to tell when Wyatt's doing something bad for him. Just whenever he's along something bad happens. Always, without fail. Soon, I'm gonna have to share a bedroom with Wyatt. I do it every time the double depression hits.

"Ok whatever. Just go get me my pancakes please." Wyatt says, going back to working on his word search puzzle.

I sigh and run upstairs grabbing Wyatt's plate of pancakes and going back down to the hang out room we have in our basement. Everyone loves our basement for some reason, because we have a shit ton of art rooms, a storage room with our lovely stockpile of nonperishable food, and then the hang out room with our video game consoles and a wall sized bookcase filled with books. Plus a mini fridge. Dad's job pays surprisingly well.

I hand Wyatt his pancakes, with chocolate chips making smiley faces on each and every pancake. I was feeling like midnight cooking, so I decided to make Emily and Wyatt pancakes.

I could just feel that the two were up and down here.

I sit on the floor, picking up the tv remote. I turn on the tv, finding Dance Moms and pressing play. Every time is Dance Moms time.

"Is it just me, or do you have the feeling Kai and Keely are going to get back together?" I randomly say after several minutes.

Keely instantly broke up with him when she found out he's the reason I got a concussion. Stupid bitchface knocking me out, and just letting me fall hard onto a concrete driveway. He's just amazing.

But I still have this feeling he and Keely are going to get back together.

"I want to say no, but I can't. They were FaceTiming earlier. Which I find stupid, because she is literally deaf and can't hear what he's saying."

"Can we not talk about Keely being deaf?" Wyatt asks, interrupting Emily.

"Sure whatever."

"No! Jojo is literally free-styling her whole solo! Abby's gonna be sooo pissed!" I say watching Jojo continue to do her own thing.

"River, you know this stuff is literally fake, right? All reality tv shows are staged." Emily says.

"I refuse to believe that! Because that means Jill is probably a good person in real life, and I've already put her on my hate list, I can't take people off. I wrote in sharpie." I say frowning.

"You- I-"

"There's no point in trying Em...ily." Wyatt clears his throat, probably thinking I didn't hear him almost call Emily, Em. Only I get to do that. "He's addicted."

"Your mom's addicted!" I laugh.

"We have the same mom."

"Do we? Do we really?" I ask tilting my head.

Wyatt rolls his eyes. "Gosh, you're so stupid."

"Your mom's stupid!" I laugh, then immediately stop. "Wait, no. Emily's mom is stupid!"

Emily hits my shoulder, glaring at me. "She's a bitch and all, but I still kinda love her. Watch your mouth lover boy."

I sigh. "I give up your mom jokes."

"Good." Wyatt goes back to his word search puzzle, and I go back to watching Dance Moms

"Hey Em?" I say tilting my head back and looking at Emily who's sitting on the couch right behind me.

"What?" She asks looking down at me.

"I love you, my honeybun booberry."

Emily rolls her eyes, yet can't stop herself from smiling. "I love you too babe."

*****
Hey tic tacs:)

I just remembered how for several chapters in I'm Unwanted, I'd always end the chapter with Raven and Tyler saying they loved each other. I lowkey miss them I mean they're still around in every single book, but I miss writing them.

🦅<AHHH PERSON!!!!!
👩‍🌾🏹 <Don't worry, I'll save you from the eagle!
🐥