𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Nova

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟓, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

It was barely the ass crack of dawn when I felt my phone vibrate from beneath me, jolting me out of my sleep, though not strong enough a jolt to wake up Aubrey who lay beside me. She looked dead, but peaceful, with the corners of her mouth slightly curved up, and her face relaxed to the core. I wish I looked like that when I slept.

I gently got up off the bed and headed into the bathroom to wash my face. It was 5 a.m., rather early, but I had to be up before Aubrey was if I wanted my plan to work out. Plus, Hailey was also here, and I couldn't run the risk of her potentially seeing me sneak out either.

I didn't feel bad doing this, because I didn't have bad intentions. I was just gonna chill with the dude, see where his heads at, and decide what I wanted to do from there. The only part that makes me look a little guilty is the fact that I'm not telling Aubrey, but who the hell would? The girl practically brainwashed me two nights ago, which is sexy typically but not in this case.

Overall, I'd honestly rather just avoid Aubrey's intuition when voicing her opinion about another person in my life entirely. When Aubrey speaks, you think about it, for a long time. She knows what to say when she wants her way, without being excessive or making you uncomfortable. She knows how to nail shit in and make you second guess.

So with that being said, I figured that when Aubrey wakes up, checks the house, asks Hailey where the hell I am, and then texts me, I'm just gonna tell her that I'm at the library. Seeing that she's a "wing it" type of person, I know that she isn't into the idea of studying or preparing for shit. So the likeliness of her saying "Hey, I wanna come along!" isn't too big. The most I'll get in the situation is a "ew, library," or a "always knew you were a nerd. Have fun babe."

My phone buzzed again, in the same way that it had when it woke me up. "You up?" my screen read. It was from Rico. I unlocked my phone and liked his message, "yes I am," I replied, "getting ready now. Are your roommates there?"

"Yeah," Rico texted back, "you're good."

I nodded, though Rico obviously couldn't see that, and looked up at the mirror to examine my face. I had eye bags, though they were slight and temporary. My hair, which I was in love with, was curly, and the birthmark that sat on the trunk of my nose looked bigger than normal. My collar bones were prominent, because hello, I was kind of frail, and my lips were naturally glossy. Just the way I like it.

I was stuck between getting ready ready and looking presentable. I didn't want to do too much, because I didn't want Rico thinking I got pretty for him, but I also constantly fought the urge of wanting to look like a model everywhere I went.

Rico

I felt bad for lying to Nova and telling her that I had roommates because I truthfully didn't. That whole "roommate" thing here at FSU was for the poor people. However, if I told her it was just me, she may be reluctant to come by. I don't know her enough yet to know what she's like. All I know is I'm hoping to get a kiss out of her today.

"Rico!" A feminine voice sang. "Ricoooo!

"Nova!" I copied before opening the door. "Hi," a cheerful Nova grinned before giving me a very weak hug. "How are you?" I tried to quickly think of a witty response. "I'd be better if I got a better hug," I said simply, to which Nova chuckled, "Sure."

***

Nova

About two hours passed of Rico and I watching some boring soap opera on TV. I didn't even see what the heck Aubrey was talking about now that I was here. I didn't at all think that Rico liked me, I just thought he was incredibly lame.