* Chapter 13*

~ Jairoh's POV ~

I'm desperately trying to eat my breakfast in peace.

Clank!

I could feel my eyebrow twitching at the annoying sound.

I glared at the asshole, eating beside me.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"Can you at least take this off?!" I demanded.

He just took a sip on his coffee.

"Nope" he replied in a teasing tone.

"I know I'm under your monitoring and all but can't I have a little freedom even during breakfast, lunch and dinner?"

"No, I'm not going to take off the handcuffs,  you might escape" he said.

"How the hell do you think am I going to escape in such a small town surrounded by the police?" I was annoyed.

"Like you said,  already surrounded by the police yet a killer can still do as he please anytime, anywhere in this damn small town" he said emphasizing the word small.

I just sighed.

He's impossible.

"Please take it off, I swear I'm not going anywhere" I swear with my life.

He eyed me for seconds before replying

"No" with a smile.

What?

This bastard!

Then he just wiggled our shackled wrists.

"You'll be stuck with me until you prove your innocence" he said with a creepy smile on his face.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm innocent!" I retorted.

"Hmm..."

"What did you explain to my dad?" I finally asked.

He glanced at me.

"I said I'm monitoring you because you might be the murderer's apprentice" he answered.

What the fuck! ?

I spat the coffee that I was drinking when I heard that.

"What?! Why the hell did you tell him that!? Do you think that will make him feel relieved?!" I said infuriated.

"Well I couldn't think of a better excuse" was his nonchalant reply.

Asshole!

"Sure, knowing that your son is suppose to be an apprentice to the murderer is a relief" I was being sarcastic.

And my dad just came out from the hospital,  how would he feel?!

This inspector never think at all!

He eyed me.

"You didn't even consider my father's current state,  he just got out of the hospital" I grumbled.

Then I noticed his expression soften.

"I'm sorry but we're doing this for the case" he said.

"No matter how many times I tell you that I'm innocent, you wouldn't believe me"

The young inspector averted his eyes toward the clock.

"We'll discuss this later,  you'll be late if you don't go sooner"

I sighed then walk with him towards the door.

We were about to get inside his car, when I caught scent of several men around the area and I think they're following me.