Chapter 2: Social Clock

Zarah's POV

I was doing my paperwork when Lara called me.

"Can you bring Mr. Lewis his coffee? Please?" Lara asked because Mr. Lewis's secretary is absent and she has work that is due today. I quickly agreed because this was an opportunity to see Mr. Lewis working.

I went to the snack section, and upon arriving, I made brewed coffee using the coffee machine because Lara said Mr. Lewis loves brewed coffee. After making Mr. Lewis's coffee, I went to his office. I knocked on the door three times because it would be rude of me to enter without knocking.

"Come in," I heard Mr. Lewis say, so I entered and observed that many documents were scattered on his table. He is very focused on what he is doing. He is also wearing glasses, which makes him more attractive and professional.

"Why are you here? I came back to reality. Did Mr. Lewis know that I was staring at him? Isn't it obvious, Zarah? It's so embarrassing.

"Lara told me to make you your coffee," I said.

"Thank you. You can put the coffee near the corner of the table," Mr. Lewis said. Before putting the coffee in, I set aside some paper so it would not get wet. I looked at Mr. Lewis, and he was swamped.

"You can go now," Mr. Lewis said. But when I was about to turn around to leave his office, I stepped on something, so I slipped. I closed my eyes, ready for an impact, but I didn't land on the floor. I can feel hands on my back and head. I opened my eyes and was shocked because Mr. Lewis's face was so close to mine, and he was on top of me.

Mr. Lewis quickly catches me when he is just sitting in his seat. How did he do that? He is like the Flash. My face is burning; I can feel it. I bet it's super red now. We looked at each other for a while. Come to think of it, I had a dream today, and it's the same as what is happening today. The phone ringing took us aback, and we both stood up.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?" Mr. Lewis said with a concerned and worried look.

"I'm okay. Thank you for saving me and also yesterday. It's obscene of me to leave immediately. I was shocked when I saw you at the meeting yesterday and that you are the CEO. I didn't know that," I said.

"It's okay. I was also shocked to see you yesterday at the meeting," Mr. Lewis said.

After our small conversation, I left his office. That was awkward, but OMG! Our faces are so close to each other. I slowly went back to my office while holding my face.

"What happened to you? Your face is so red. Did something happen back there?" Lara asked.

"Nothing happened," I said while avoiding Lara's stare.

"I don't believe you," Lara said.

I didn't answer Lara and just went to my desk to continue my paperwork. I cannot get over what happened earlier. I kept reminiscing about it. Mr. Lewis's face is so close, I cannot. That happened earlier; it's the same as the scenes from the movies and novels I watched and read. And now it's happening to me.

"Zarah, are you sure you're okay?" Lara took me aback.

"I'm okay. Don't worry about me," I reassured Lara.

Sarah's POV

"Thank God it's lunchtime. I'm starving," I said while stretching.

"Let's go and eat outside?" Matthew asked, and I agreed.

"Where do you want to eat?" Matthew asked again.

"Let's eat at this new restaurant near the hospital because I want to try their food," I suggested.

Matthew Stewart and I have been best friends for 15 years now. We are both working at the same hospital as nurses. Matthew didn't know that I loved him. I wanted to confess but couldn't because I feared I would ruin our friendship. Being with him is always okay for me. When we were about to exit the hospital, someone called my name.

"Nurse Sarah!" It's the little boy that I monitored. He ran to me.

"Be careful not to stumble. Are you discharged now?" I asked.

"Yes! Thank you for taking care of me. For you, nurse Sarah." The boy handed me roses. I love roses.

"I knew you loved roses," The little boy happily said.

"He insisted on buying you flowers, and he also picked them himself," The little boy's mom said.

"Oh, thank you. I will cherish this," I said, and the little boy looked delighted.

After that, they said they would take their leave. I advised the little boy not to fall sick again and to stay healthy. The little boy went near me, kissed my cheek, and left the hospital with his mom holding his hand. This is the first time someone has given me a flower, and it's my favorite flower. It makes me feel proud of myself because there is someone who appreciates my work.

"I can give you as many roses as you want," I heard Matthew murmur something, but I didn't hear it.

"What did you say? I cannot hear it," I asked.

"Nothing. Let's eat outside, okay?" Matthew said while walking ahead of me. I know he murmured something, but oh well.

"Hey, wait for me, Matthew."

Yohan's POV

I am going to Grandma's because she called me to have dinner with her.

After a few minutes, I arrived.

"Welcome, dear. I miss you," Grandma said. She went to me and kissed and hugged me. I miss Grandma too because it's been a while since I visited her.

"I cooked your favorite dish. Let's go and eat," Grandma said. Upon going inside, I can smell my favorite dish, beef steak. I miss the taste of Grandma's beef steak. My grandma is the only one who can cook.

When we were done eating, we went to the living room.

"So, do you have a girlfriend already, Yohan?" Grandma asked. Not this again.

"Not yet, Grandma," I answered.

"You are already 31 years old, Yohan. You should get a girlfriend, get married, and not focus only on your work." Grandma would always pressure me with this whenever I visited her. She wanted to see me get married and have kids because she was getting weak and old already.

"Soon, but not now, Grandma," I promised Grandma.

I am sorry, Grandma, but I am not planning on getting married yet. My work and the company are my top priorities for now, and that can wait.