Chapter 7: Contract Agreement

Zarah's POV

While Yohan and I were eating breakfast, I remembered the contract that Yohan and I agreed on.

A contract must have rules that both parties must agree to and follow. I shall ask Yohan about this because we didn't discuss it when I moved to his house.

"Uhm, Yohan?" I asked Yohan while he was still eating.

"What is it?" He stopped eating and looked at me.

"Ah, I was thinking about the contract because the wedding is near, and a contract must have rules we must follow and agree to," I explained to Yohan.

"Oh, yes. I forgot. You need to sign it. I already made the contract, but I'm so busy that I forgot about it. I shall get it in my room." Yohan stood up and went to his room.

"Ok"

Yohan came back immediately, carrying a paper. That must be the contract.

"Here," Yohan handed me the contract.

When I opened the contract, I was puzzled because there were no rules.

"I know you are puzzled because there are no rules. Let me explain the contract. It is a one-year contract, and we will divorce after it expires. About the rules, let's just be fair and comfortable with each other. Is that okay? Do you agree?" I am happy because there are no rules.

"Yes, I agree," I said, and I signed the contract.

I'm glad that Yohan has no strict rules. From what I know about contractual marriage, it has many strict rules for both parties. Yohan is such a kind man only to include this in the contract.

After putting the dishes in the sink and about to go to my room because Yohan said that he would wash the dishes, I suddenly slipped.

"Zarah!" Yohan shouted.

I closed my eyes and was ready for the impact, but Yohan saved me. I opened my eyes, and our faces were so close. We looked at each other. I remembered this happening in his office.

I wanted to stare at his face forever, but I needed to escape his embrace because we would be late for work. I will be late for work and not Yohan because he is the CEO, so It's okay for him to be late.

"Uhm, Yohan? You can let me go now," I said because we'll be late if we're going to stare at each other. Even though I want to stop time and stay like this for a while, we have work, so we need to go back to reality.

"Oh, sorry." Yohan let go of his hand on my back.

"Thank you for saving me." I thanked Yohan and went to my room to get ready for work.

Yohan's POV

Zarah asked about the contract. I forgot about the agreement, though I'm done making it.

When Zarah opened the contract, she had a puzzled expression. I know why because there are no rules written in the contract. I said there are no rules, and we must be fair and comfortable with each other. Zarah's face lit up, and she signed the contract.

After Zarah put the dishes in the sink, she suddenly slipped, and I quickly went to her to catch her. I'm relieved because she didn't fall to the ground. I didn't notice that our faces were so close to each other. Zarah opened her eyes, and we stared at each other. Zarah's eyes are so beautiful. I wanted to stare at it all day, but I was taken aback by Zarah calling my name, so I let go of her. Zarah thanked me and went to her room.

"Get it together, Yohan. What's happening to you?" I said while slapping my face.

I wash the dishes.

After washing the dishes, I went to my room and got ready to work.

I FIND IT HARD TO FOCUS when I'm already at the office because the incident this morning keeps appearing in my mind.

"Focus, Yohan. You need to finish this today."

Matthew's POV

It's lunchtime, and Sarah and I are eating at a fast-food restaurant.

Last night, I was thinking of confessing to Sarah. I don't care if Sarah will reject me or if our friendship of 15 years will be ruined. It is now or never, a do-or-die kind of situation.

When we are done eating, we head back to the hospital.

I am tense and nervous right now.

"What's wrong with you?" Sarah's face is very close to mine.

"What?"

"You look uneasy. Is something wrong or bothering you?" Sarah knows me.

"No. There's nothing wrong," I said, not looking directly into Sarah's eyes.

"I know you, Matthew. Whenever you're not looking directly at my eyes, you're lying. Spill it."

"Oh, okay. I will tell you. Let's sit on the bench, okay?" Sarah and I sat on the bench near the hospital.

"Let me ask again. What's bothering you, Matthew?"

You!" I quickly said.

"Me? Why?" Sarah said with a questionable look.

"I love you, Sarah, since junior high. There, I said. I wanted to confess to you, but I'm scared and afraid to break our friendship, and I don't want that to happen because I treasure our friendship." I looked at Sarah.

Suddenly, Sarah cried.

"What's wrong, Sarah? Why are you crying? Is it about the confession? That's why I shouldn't have confessed." I got up and walked.

"Idiot!" I stopped walking.

"I am waiting for you to say that. I'm glad that we are thinking about the same thing. I love you too, Matthew!" I face Sarah. I am so happy. I ran to Sarah and hugged her.

"I am so happy." Sarah hugged me back.

Sarah and I looked at each other.

"So, are you my girlfriend now? I promise I will court you every day," I said.

"Yes, and don't promise because promises are meant to be broken. Just do it, Matthew."

Our faces are inches away from each other.

"What if someone sees us? It's embarrassing." Sarah looked around us.

"There's no one here anyway."

And we kissed passionately.

"That was my first kiss," Sarah said while hiding her lips.

"Me too. And I'm so happy that my best friend is now my girlfriend."