Chapter 10: Fantasizing

Zarah's POV

Yesterday's wedding was the best. Thinking about the kiss Yohan and I shared. It was very memorable for me because it was my first kiss. After the wedding, Yohan and I roamed around the venue and took pictures. We returned to our room after wandering and taking photographs to pack our stuff and return home.

I looked at my wedding ring and couldn't believe I was now married to my boss. This is our first day as a married couple. But I am not wearing our wedding ring on my ring finger because I wear it as a pendant on my necklace. Yohan is also wearing it as a pendant for the employees not to be suspicious of us because we have the same ring.

(Flashback from last night.)

I was watching television when Yohan called me.

"What is it, Yohan?" I asked.

"About the ring," Yohan said, and I'm just listening to what he will say next.

"What about the ring?" I asked because I think he is thinking something, so he didn't continue what he said.

"We don't need to put it on our ring finger because if someone sees us wearing the same wedding ring, we will not be happy with the result. The employees will be suspicious of us. I'm thinking of putting it as a pendant on our necklace so that we can hide it. We will just put it on our ring finger if grandma is around," Yohan explained.

"Okay. I agree." I agree with Yohan because I don't want the employees to be suspicious of us.

Yohan put his wedding ring on his necklace, and mine is joined with my locket.

(End of flashback)

So that explains it.

"Zarah?" I was taken aback by what I was doing and hid the necklace with my wedding ring in my blouse.

"Oh, Lara. What is it?" That was close.

"Can you accompany Ben briefly because I am running an errand?" Lara asked.

"Sure"

"Thanks. Be back in a bit." Lara left the office.

I went to Ben and accompanied him in what he was doing.

When I was going to Ben's desk, I saw Yohan's friend walking to Yohan's office. He was the man at the wedding yesterday. Maybe he has an appointment with Yohan.

Yohan's POV

I was busy doing paperwork when a knock was heard.

"Come in," I said. The door opened, and it was Damon.

"Tell me why you are here, Damon. Do you not have work to do at your company?" I said because I think he is here to distract me.

"Am I not welcome here? Is it wrong to visit you?" Damon said while doing the look of puss n' boots.

"You should go back to your company. It's still working time," I said while looking at a paper.

"I have an appointment with a client at the mall and thought of visiting you. My secretary is at my office anyway," Damon said while sitting back in his seat.

"You shouldn't rely on your secretary all the time. You should go back to your company." I scolded Damon because he is lazy and relies on his secretary to do the work.

"Okay, okay. I know. By the way, your wife is a beauty. I bet you will eventually fall in love with her, or are you falling for her?" Damon said with a teasing look on his face.

"That will never happen," I said because that would never happen. Falling in love is not my priority.

"Oops. Don't say that. Don't jump to conclusions. I know you will fall in love with her." He and his guesses again. From what I know, his guesses need to be corrected.

"Why are you so confident?"

"Because I know you will. I know you are in a contractual marriage, but falling in love is not wrong. You and I know my guesses are all wrong, but my guess is right now. Also, are you okay with your wife being an employee? I mean, it would be okay if she is your assistant or something," Damon said later. And I also thought of that.

"I think you're right. I will discuss it with Zarah later."

"Okay. So, I will take my leave," Damon leaving my office. He is such a lazy person.

Zarah's POV

I arrived at the house at 7:30 in the evening. I went straight to my room to change my clothes. After changing my clothes, I went to the kitchen to cook dinner.

When I was finished preparing dinner, A car honked. Yohan was here already. Yohan entered, and I greeted him in the kitchen. He changed clothes and returned to the kitchen to eat dinner. We ate dinner peacefully.

After eating dinner, Yohan washed the dishes. I went to my room to take a shower. After taking a shower, I read a motivational book. After reading, I got my phone and scrolled on my SNS when a knock was heard.

"Come in," I said, and Yohan entered. He looks so hot because he walks toward me while wiping his wet hair. He is doing that in slow motion.

"Zarah? Zarah!" I was taken aback by my fantasies when Yohan snapped his finger.

"Oh, Yohan. What is it?"

"Can you help me encode this because I have other important work?" Is he still working?

"Okay. I will work for it now." I must do this because it's Yohan's order, but work hours are over. He shouldn't overwork himself. He can do this tomorrow in his office. He may need to finish this today.

"By the way, are you okay working as my employee, or do you want to be my assistant instead?" He wants me to be his assistant. That would be a bad idea.

"I'm okay being your employee, Yohan. I don't want to be promoted as your assistant. I know that the employees may speculate something or get jealous of me because I am a new employee and got promoted immediately as your assistant," I explained.

"Okay. I understand, and you are right. I also thought of that. I will take my leave now, and be sure to submit it to my email when you're done," Yohan demanded.

"Ok"

"Thank you"

"No need to thank me because I am also your employee, so it's natural for me to do this. Although you need to increase my pay because I am working even though working hours are over," This is overtime pay.

"I will make sure to increase your pay." Is he serious? I was joking.

"I was just joking." Yohan and I both laughed.

Yohan is so cute when he laughs. This is the third time that I saw him laughing because he always has a severe look. He is 31, but his age doesn't define his eyes.

After that, Yohan left my room.

Why is Yohan asking me to be his assistant? I think I'm his wife, and he wants me to always be beside him. Oh, please, Zarah. Just do what Yohan told you to and stop thinking and fantasizing about it.