Chapter 26: Accident

Before the crash...

Yohan's POV

I am on my way home, but before heading home, I texted Zarah that I am now heading home so she will not get worried.

These past few days, I have received weird text messages and death threats from an unregistered number. I didn't tell Zarah about it. I just ignored the text. Maybe it's just some scammer who doesn't know what to do with life.

I averted my gaze from my phone because there was a message. And it is from an unknown number again. The text says, "Watch out".

And then, all of a sudden, when I looked to the right side, a car came speeding in my direction. I don't have time to stomp the accelerator. It happened so fast. The next thing I knew, I was upside down. I looked at my arms, and I saw blood. I heard people going near me, and my vision became blurry and dark.

Good Samaritan's POV

I witnessed a gruesome scene just now.

We saw the car driver that came crashing into the now-stumbled car escape the scene. Some people ran after him. Though he is fast, the people manage to catch him.

I quickly went near the accident, and inside was an unconscious man. I saw a gas leak coming out, so I called the people who were watching to help me get the man out because the car might explode due to the gas leak.

Some people helped me get the man out. I checked his vital signs, and thank God he is still breathing. I need to call 911 right away.

911 call

Operator: 911, do you need medical, police, or fire?

Caller: Medical. There's been a horrible accident.

Operator: We got them on the way, okay?

Caller: Please hurry!

Operator: Can you tell me if you were involved or witnessed it?

Caller: I am not involved. I witnessed it, and, in my opinion, it was intentional. The people caught the car's driver, that came crashing into the now-stumbled vehicle. Please hurry because the man is unconscious.

Operator: Is the man breathing?

Caller: Yes. I checked his vital signs, and he was still breathing. We got him out of the car because the gas from his car was leaking.

Operator: Okay. Where is the address?

Caller: Near City Park

Operator: Okay. We will send paramedics and police right away. Thank you.

Caller: Please hurry.

After 15 minutes, the police and paramedics arrived, and the man was carried inside the ambulance while the police investigated the scene and brought the culprit with them for questioning.

Back to the present time

Zarah's POV

"What? Can you repeat what you said, Damon?" I said because I think I heard Damon wrong.

"Yohan is in a critical condition. A friend working in the hospital told me that Yohan was carried out in the ambulance and sent to the ICU. He is still unconscious as of now." Damon told me what he knew about Yohan's condition.

When Damon said Yohan was in critical condition, I suddenly collapsed on the sofa and couldn't breathe. It's my panic attack. The last time this occurred was when my parents died in a car accident.