chapter 2

We started descending the mountain with inosuke talking with tanjiro while phym holds my hand along with the younger girl that they saved from the house.

"are the three of you doing ok?"

You say this while looking down at the little girl that you know is called teruko, who is happily talking with phym swing my hands with my god arc put away so nothing can happen to her.

"I'm doing ok thank you for asking."

Giving her a small smile, as her brothers watch from behind along with tanjiro who is getting small flashback from when his mother used to that with him and nezuko making him gain a small frown and look at the box on his back then back to you.

looking back towards tanjiro then towards the bird who is leading you down the mountain then back at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Tanjiro can you tell me about... All this"

"Of course, so this is the Taisho era of Japan and we are fighting demons to make everyone safe. The demons have rankings based on how strong they are and some demons use blood arts."

After hearing the blood art you perk up a little not to startle the two girls then glance down at the ground then mumbled something about the blood art and how it reminded you of the burst arts after you use devour attacks.

"I see, thank you tanjiro for this information, it's been helpful."

"No problem pennywort-san."

You continued the walk down the mountain following the talking bird when you feel a presence in front of you then feeling arms wrapped around you waist. Looking down you see zenitsu clinging onto you

"Waahh please marry me pennywort-san! I don't know how much longer I have to live with this job and you're really strong so I don't need to figh-"

"Zenitsu please stop you're making her uncomfortable."

Zenitsu was going to retort something back to tanjiro when zenitsu heard the soft chuckle coming from in front of him as a hand also playfully ruffles his hair. He looks up at you to see a kind smile one that could rival tanjiro's, the smile remind him of the smile of a mother caring for their child when they're scared.

"I'm sorry zenitsu but I think I might be too old for you but another girl will be happy to have you."

"You're not too old for me! I'm 16!"

"Zenitsu I'm 19 basically going 20 soon, I think I am too old for you."

"CAW CAW descend the mountain before it gets dark CAW CAW."

You look up at the bird while pulling zenitsu off so you could continue walking down the mountain. Zenitsu is still on his knees watching you and the children go down as tanjiro pulls him up and walk down.

You make it to the bottom with the sun setting, you let go of teruko hand when the three of them are going to split from you and the three boys but zenitsu holds on to shouichi.

"I won't have it, I won't have it, I won't have it! You can't go shouichi! You're powerful, shouichi is the won who's going to protect me!"

"Can't you see he doesn't want to stay"

"Please don't leave me!"

You just watch on a little amused as tanjiro hits the back on zenitsu's neck so he could let go of shouichi but he falls to the ground after getting hit. You help zenitsu up as the talking bird flys down to kiyoshi.

"CAW hold out you hands!"

The children hold out their hands as the crow spits out a sachet.

"This will ward off demons, you with rare blood keep it on your person!"