chapter 19 - middle of the night

TW : death and slight smut??

I abruptly woke up to the sound of rocks hitting my window. I got up and looked out to see a nervous Steve waiting there.

I opened the window, and Steve quickly climbed through, and tumbled his way on the floor.

"Is Eddie here?" He asked, as I shook my head.

"Good, because I have something to tell you Lydia and I don't know how you'll feel." I stood confused.

"Eddie...I saw him go into his trailer with Chrissy."

"Yeah so? She's been buying drugs off him. I'm sure it's nothing, I mean they can't deal in public Steve."

"No Lydia, you don't understand, the lights turned off."

I became worried.

"What?" I asked.

"Listen Lydia I want you to know that I like you more than a friend, and Eddie doesn't deserve you. Trust me."

"No- no no no!" I shed a tear, quickly wiping it away.

"Your lying Steve!" I shouted.

Steve stepped closer to me, and leaned in. I looked him dead in the eyes as he kissed me.

"Oh my fucking god Steve! I can't! I'm with Eddie!"

"And Eddie is off with some cheerleader Lydia! Can't you see?"
I stood in silence for a few minutes.

"Fine. I believe you." I said, as Steve leaned in closer again and kissed me. Who knows? If Eddie was cheating this would be the perfect revenge, but if he wasn't...then I'd be screwing up.

One thing led to another, and our clothes were off as we were making out on the bed.

After a few hours, me and Steve lay all sweaty in our underwear. He turned to me.

"I care for you Lydia." Eddie said the same thing.

"We can't be together Steve." I sighed. I got up and got dressed as Steve did too and headed downstairs. It was now 7 am.

I felt disgusting and horrible for cheating on Eddie, but I blame it on my emotions at the time.

I plopped on the couch and flicked on the tv, every channel was news. I listened to closely to hear that a dead body was found at the Munson trailer. Fuck. I started crying, hoping it wasn't Eddie.

Steve immediately came to my side before we heard a knock on the door. He got up and peered out for it to Dustin and everyone else.

They stormed in and saw the news on.

"Lydia we have to tell you something." Dustin said. He sat down in front of me with a water bottle handing it to me.

He then started explaining how the town is cursed and Eddie is fine. It made no sense to me.

A few hours later I was worried out of my mind after hearing everything about some place called the upside down- and what really happened at the star court mall, and more. So much more.

"That's why we need your help Lydia. To prove Eddie's innocent! And to defeat Vecna!" Dustin exclaimed.

"Yes, I'll help." I said, out of guilt of cheating on Eddie, who after all, is innocent.

We all left as I hopped in Steve's car, and we raced to Eddie's band, I stayed in the car the whole time nervous.

After that, we went to some place called reefer ricks, who is apparently Eddie's dealer that was in jail.

I hopped out of the car. Dustin and me starting walking in, everyone else behind us. We looked around, until Eddie abruptly held his knife to Steve's neck against a wall.

"You fucked Lydia. And don't you lie to me, I came to the house late at night, saw you on top of her through the window. Fucker." He shouted, holding the knife to Steve's neck close enough to leave a mark, as Steve gasped for air, saying nothing.

"EDDIE STOP!" He turned and looked at me.

"Let go of Steve. It was my fault. I was worried and you were out all night with Chrissy!"

"Don't you dare even blame this on me- she's dead!" He took the knife away from Steve.

"I know and I realize that now, I messed up okay! I'm sorry. And I love you more than ever." I was crying as everyone else stood silent.

Eddie didn't respond to me, and everyone else sat down, where Dustin started to explain to Eddie what he had explained to me. Eddie's face overcame with a worried look, as he glanced at me a lot.

I had fucked up bad.

A/N : I hate Lydia for cheating on Eddie but y'all will soon see how it affects their relationship hehe!