Ch.20

Melo's POV

" daddy it's pretty here" kairo said getting out of the van looking at the rental house.

" it is isn't baby" i said holding her hand walking into the rental house.

" so the rooms everyone gets there own even kai if she wants to sleep in her own pick any room" my dad said. Everyone went up stairs to pick there room kai chose her room which was the one next to mine.

" daddy I'm hungry" kai said climbing on my bed.

" me too baby I think we going to get some dinner" i said hanging some clothes up in the closet.

" melo" I heard my dad yell from down stairs.

" yeah" I yelled back.

" we are leaving in 10 to get some dinner" my dad yelled.

" okay" I yelled back.

" okay kai let's get you changed" I said.

" Otay daddy" kai said.

I got kai dressed in her overalls with a plain black shirt underneath and black docs. I changed into a pair of Jeans and white shirt with a pair of jordans.

" we look good daddy" kai said.

" we do don't we babygirl" i said laughing a little bit.

We went for dinner everyone was tired so we didn't stay long we pretty much ate and left. It was now 11 o'clock at night and I was ready for bed but kairo wasn't she was wide awake.

" come on kai daddy's tired come lay in bed" i said to my daughter who was running around my room.

" but I'm not tired daddy" kai said. Recently kai has had trouble with her sleep some times her medication works like a dream and sometimes it doesn't work at all and tonight is one of those nights. I've already given her 1 dose the doctor told me that if 1 dose doesn't help then to wait an hour and give her a second I have her first dose 30 minutes ago. I got out of bed and picked kai up and put her my bed and put on toy story. As I was getting comfy my phone started ringing I was Ashley.

" oh good your up" Ashley said as I answered the FaceTime call.

" why the heck are you calling me so late" I asked laughing a little bit.

" well I wouldn't have to if your baby mama kept her hands and words to her self" Ashley said.

" what do you mean what did she do" I asked.

" I was at the gas station and I heard some girl calling someone a hoe and a daughter stealer I turned around and it was your baby mama talking to me" Ashley said.

" who swung first" I asked getting annoyed.

" she did all I said to her was that she doesn't have a leg to stand on because she left I didn't say anything nasty just the truth oh and she's jealous be she thinks we are sleeping together" Ashley said.

" shit I'm sorry ash I'll talk to her" I said.

" daddy said a bad word" kai said getting all up in the camera I laughed a little bit.

" hi babygirl what are you still doing up" Ashley said.

" hi ashwey I can't sleep" kai said now climbing into my lap.

" she having trouble with her insomnia" Ashley asked me.

" yeah I'm gonna give her another dose of her medication soon" I said.

" I hope it helps" Ashley said. I nodded.

" how bad did you hurt her" I asked.

" not that bad neither of us have any scratches or anything" Ashley said. My phone went off it was a next message from maya.

" speak of the devil and she'll appear maya just texted me" I said rolling my eyes.

" oh god what does she want" Ashley said.

" she wants to talk I already know what it's about and to be honest I don't want to hear because she hasn't come to see Kai in 2 months" I said.

" what the heck if that was me I wouldn't have even left in the first place but anyway I would see my daughter every chance I get" Ashley said annoyed.

" I know she wants to see Kai and bond with her and everything but she stopped coming to see her. I know kai is struggling with the idea and doesn't like maya. I know she wants to take Kai by her self but we are not there yet. kai doesn't know her that well and I don't trust her yet but that doesn't mean I won't trust her ever. we just have to build that trust but if she really wanted kai to like her and everything she would try harder and not give up. this is why I didn't want her back in kai's like to begin with. when I found out maya was alive I thought I could have my family back. me and maya would build our relationship up and become a family but now I don't want that. I just want maya to decide if she wants to be in kai's life or not and build that bond with her no matter how hard it's going to be" I said.

" I know it's so frustrating because I think of kai as my daughter and love her with all my heart oh also your baby mama told me to back off you because apparently you guys are getting back together and that you guys have been sleeping together and I may or may not have asked if she could taste my coochie when she's kissed you coz you were all up in it the other night" Ashley said laughing.

" Ashley" I said bursting out laughing.

" what it's not like I was lying" Ashley said laughing. Ashley and I have wired friendship / relationships we are better off as friends and have an amazing friendship and we also act like a couple sometimes and we still sleep together.

" anyway mamas I gotta try and get Kai to sleep I'll talk to you later" I said.

" okay good luck night" Ashley said.

" goodnight ashwey love you" kai said.

" good night baby love you to" Ashley said hanging up.

"Okay baby I'm gonna go down stairs and get your medication and make you a bottle of milk" I said getting out of bed. Kai nodded. I walked downstairs into the kitchen I got one of kai's bottles and filled it with milk and put in the microwave for a minute. While that was heating up I measured out her medication.

" what are you still doing up" I heard some one say I looked up and it was Zo.

" kairo's not tired so I'm getting her another dose of medication what are you still going up" I asked.

" oh sounds like fun and I'm thirsty oh I heard a girl's voice in your room" zo said.

" yeah it was ash maya and her got into a fight because Ashley's more of mother then she is" I said.

" how badly did Ashley hurt her" zo asked laughing a little bit.

" apparently neither of them and that hurt" I said laughing. I heard I the microwave go off telling me kai's bottle is ready i grab it and kai's medication.

" well I'm going to try and get my lovely child to sleep night" I said heading up the stairs.

" night" I heard zo say.

I walked up stairs into my room.

" here you baby have your medication" I said handing it to her she drank it. I got into bed and laid on my side with my arm out for kai to cuddle in which she did. I gave her her bottle and waited for her medication to kick in.