A Long Time In Coming

Elliott
Kate is very much someone I want to keep in my life but I don't think I can be husband material. I found out about why Anastasia and Christian broke up and he didn't like that Anastasia started dating after he told her that who he went to dinner with was none of her business. When he discovered her having dinner with other men he blew his stack. She told him that the same goes for him. He has no right to say who she goes out with or possibly marries one day just like he told her she has no right to know who he dates or to say anything about it to him. He didn't like that she might marry and have children that weren't his. I laughed at him and told him that having your cake and eating it as well doesn't mean that women can't do the same. But the guys she was dating were looking to get married and have children and soon she will fall in love with one of them and get married. It didn't take him long to beg for a second chance. But she told him she had to think whether he was being honest with her or just telling her what he thought she wanted to hear. It looks like he was serious and he made sure he married her before she could think it through. Kate Kavanagh wants the same thing. Marriage and children. At 30 my parents believe I should be married and on the third child.
Alice
Kate is moping about regarding the three marriages and her not getting married. Tonight was not a good night for her. When I told her about Collin Welch asking me to marry him. Upset her even more although she was happy for me. She decided to give Elliott his freedom. I hated that my engagement announcement triggered her into breaking things off with Elliott.
Kate
Elliott had started taking my availability for granted. He thinks he can call at the drop of a hat and I will be around and he can just come over and have sex and get a home cooked meal. Robin comes and cooks for us, but she has to cook more food for him if he shows up. Tonight I am not going to be here waiting. I have a few friends who are having bachelorette parties and I am going to one of them and have fun.
Elliott
Kate isn't answering the phone and I finally just go see her, Alice and Collin answer the door and they tell me she is at a friends party. I ask what friend and Alice tells me Kate didn't tell her it was, but she looked like she planned to dance. She would possibly stay with the friend.
Alice
Collin looked quizzically at me during my explanation as to where Kate was at and she might spend the night.
Collin
I wait until Elliott leaves to ask Alice why she didn't just tell him it was a bachelorette party for a good friend and she might spend the night at her friends place.
Alice
He doesn't need to know everything and he just came by without finding out if she was busy or not. I explain that he shows up like this all the time and she is expected to drop everything to entertain him. But if she wants to see him she has to call in advance in case his is busy.
Collin
I see, I understand fully now. I think we can help her out on opening up his eyes if you want. He will either get the point or they will go their separate ways. I decide to check if Elliott is dating more than Kate. It seems like he isn't, but who knows for sure. She asks me if we are being too manipulative? I tell her that taking someone for granted is just as bad as being manipulative.
Alice
What do you have in mind?
Collin
I have friends that want to meet Kate after seeing your photos. I think it was quite odd, but hey we can set it up as them just coming along with us. Not like a date just as a group thing.
Alice
Okay I will check things and see when Kate is available. We can set something up.
Three days later
Allen Welch
Collin finally set me up with his fiancé's sister Kate. It isn't a date but just to hang out together. I can deal with that. I am a month younger than Alice and Kate. We attended the same school and graduated the same day. Mom and dad know the Kavanagh through similar dealings on background checks. I arrive to join them for the evening. Collin answers the door and Kate remembers me.
Kate
I am not sure if this will work or not, but at least Allen is easy on the eyes and he is taller than Collin. We head out and my phone rings and it is Elliott calling at the last minute to come over for food and sex. I decided he could live without sex a month ago. We end up at the Mile High Club. The Welch's can eat here when they want to for free. They apparently don't take advantage of it often. They have dancing as well. A very nice scenic view as well. Allen is very attentive and very nice. He knows that I am just here as a friend but would like more. He also knows that I have been seeing Elliott Grey for some time. He is willing to help me to make a point or to end our relationship if that is what you call it.
Elliott
I decide to go to get something good to eat and the Mile High Club is my choice after not getting hold of Kate or Christian. Christian has been enjoying his honeymoon time with Anastasia. Colleen and Sawyer are doing the same thing as I am and we end up sitting at the same table and Colleen ran into a friend of hers. Natalie Ford one of the housekeepers at the new hotel. So here we are eating when I spot Kate walk in with Alice and the Welch brothers. This doesn't set well with me at all. Kate isn't holding hands with the guy by her. Natalie tells me that Allen is not dating her, but would like to. I ask her how she knows all this and she just smiles. I hear things at the hotel.
Kate
Elliott is in a deep conversation with his date and it makes me mad he is out in a date with someone else, guess I am a fool to wait around for him. Allen asks me to dance and I get up and we enjoy dancing together.