chapter 12

The whole time we drove home he kept holding my hand. And drove with the other hand. We pulled up on the driveway.
"Thanks for today, Titus." I
said.
"Your welcome, can I study you again tomorrow?" he ask.
"Yea" I said as I let go of his hand and getting off the car.
I walk inside to find my mom sitting on the couch.
"Jackie, I trust you, and I still do but, next time tell me, call me or text me." she preach.
"Ok I'm sorry mom, next time I will." I reply
"Next time?" she questioned.
"Can I leave tomorrow " I ask, "please."
"Is it a boy." she said with excitement.
I stay silent. I knew my mom would want to meet him and she would also make a big deal about this, because she always wanted me to have one, a boyfriend.
"Ok you can go." she said, "but I wanna meet him... Soon."
"Yes. Ok" I said
We said goodnight to each other and went to each other's room. I check my phone and saw that I had no new messages. Not surprised.
I laid there on my bed. Just thinking. What if Titus doesn't like me back? What if this really is just an experiment that he just wanted to do? What if she really means 'can i take you on date?' but he just shy and instead says, 'can i study you again?'.
Fine then no more thinking. I'm just gonna go to sleep.
*The following morning*
I hear my alarm go on, but I'm too lazy to get up and turn it off. I let it beep for another minute or so, before eventually getting up. I drag my feet, i dont even know why i'm up so early on a weekend.
I take a shower, then eat after that, I just watch television, and just do some chores. Before I knew it, it was already 5 in the afternoon. I get a message from Titus, yes I did save his number. Basically he told me he was coming 20 minutes, which was plenty of time for me. I got changed and waited outside.