Chapter 4: The Story Of Xolo

Northern Mexico

The 13th of April, 2284

The Garcia Compound

A Jeep-like vehicle pulled up to the compound. It looked like a vehicle that was around before the bombs dropped around the world in 2077, but not all of the car-like vehicles were in such high quality condition. Cars that had been repaired after the bombs dropped were known as buggies.

The compound guard readied his machine gun and slowly walked over to the buggy window. The window slowly rolled down to reveal a middle aged man with slicked back hair and a big nose, Xolo, comically grinning at the guard as they both laughed. The guard knew it was Xolo and ushered him to drive into the compound as its front gates opened.

"Hahaha! Get in there, you crazy motherfucker!" The guard laughed hysterically as Xolo slowly drove into the compound. Another man who looked to be a little younger than Xolo was sitting in the backseat of the buggy. He had a buzz cut and horizontal scar above his right eyebrow, but it wasn't too noticeable.

The buggy drove through the compound to the main house, swimming pools and vibrant mexican colours all around. Xolo stopped outside of the main house and looked back at the passenger before smiling. "Heyy... Why so serious, huh?"
The passenger shook his head. "I'm just a little tired."

"Javi.." Xolo called him by his name.
He looked up at Xolo and raised an eyebrow.

"You'll love it amigo, trust me, this place is..." Xolo grinned and laughed a little as he shook his head; "...muy bonito!"
Xolo got out of the buggy and greeted everyone who was waiting for them at the main house entrance. "Heyy! Familia!" Xolo greeted them all one by one; these people weren't his family by blood but had worked at the compound for a number of years, so they were all familiar with each other and were considered Xolo's close friends and family.

Javier (Javi) got out of the buggy and went over to Xolo and his familia as he waved while briefly smiling at them.
Xolo started to introduce Javier to his familia. "Javi, this is our cleaner, Juanita; this is mi hermano, Manolo, eh?" They all laughed and smiled; Javier greeted the rest of them.
Xolo stood back and put on more of a serious tone. "Now, I know these guys seem really important, but..." Xolo then went back to his more humorous tone. "...I just keep them around cause they're so pretty, right?" They all laughed as Javi briefly smiled with his arms crossed.
Xolo suddenly whistled over at one of the younger workers at the compound. "Hey! Get the bags! The fuck are you here for?" Xolo laughed and tapped Javi on the shoulder. "Goddamn kids," Xolo whispered before suddenly clapping his hands and pointing towards the main house as he spoke to everyone. "Alright! Let's head inside for the tour!" This tour was for Javier; he was being introduced to the way the Garcia Cartel worked and its connections throughout the crime world. Xolo was his supervisor, in a way.

Around 2am, Xolo and Javier sat on some chairs in the back garden area with a table in between them both, which could be seen by a nearby campfire. Xolo was leaning back on his chair with his hands resting behind his head. He let out a sigh of relief before sitting up straight. "Good day out, huh Javi?"

Javi was sitting on the edge of his seat holding his hands together as he stared off into the distance. "Yeah... Guess you could say that," Javi said in a rather sad tone; Xolo wasn't too happy with his expression.

"Come onnn, man. It was a good day! I'll show you how the shipments go out tomorrow. That's fun at least, right?"
They both sat in silence; it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Xolo watched Javi for a second before groaning and opening a cabinet under the table. "Listen, Javi. I think I got something that'll help you relax." He pulled out two glasses and a bottle of wine and set them on the table. Xolo smiled as Javi turned to the table and looked at him.