Nightmare

"NO!" Raph's voice jolts me awake.

"Please no!" He yells again. "I'm so sorry!"

I jump out of bed and reach around for the lamp to switch it on. Raph is tossing side to side, tiny whimpers escaping his mouth. He is clutching the blankets tightly.

"Raph!" I say quietly. His head snaps to the side but he doesn't wake up.

"Raph, wake up!" I cry and shake him. I sit on top of him, my legs in between his body, trying to prevent him from moving.

His eyes fly open, terror filling them before relief washing over them. Beads of sweat cover his forehead as he tries to catch his breath.

"Leo," he chokes. His arms snakes around my body, pushing me to his chest. I can hear his heart pumping rapidly against my cheek.

"Raph are you okay?" I whisper.

"No," he confesses.

"Talk to me," I plead. "What was it?"

"No I dont want to talk about it," he replies.

"Raph you need to talk to me about this. How long have you been sleeping like this?" I lift myself and wipe away the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"For awhile Leo. Just let it go," he murmurs. "I thought they would stop with you here b-but.."

"Tell me about it," I say. Raph places his hands on my thighs. I watch them carefully as he squeezes them before speaking. My body ignites at the gesture.

"I just can't.." Raph cries out. More tears spill and I softly kiss his lips. He kisses me back even though he is shaking badly.

"Baby you have to tell me. I want to help," I whisper. I immediately cover my mouth as his eyes grow wide. Shit. I did not just call him that.

"Did you just call me bab-"

"Not important. Just explain," I urge on. A small smile forms on his as he rolls his eyes.

"Okay okay fine." He takes a long breath and closes his eyes. "Its like any other night Leo. We attack Shredder's place to find out more about his evil plan and like usual, we always make it home safely. But this time its different. This time I cant help you guys because I'm frozen."

His body shivers under me as if he was reliving the moment.

"I tried to move Leo. I tried to help you guys, but my body just wouldn't  budge. I watched it all. I watched as Shredder took each of you down. Every night you guys die in a different way but you..you always die the same," he cries out. His eyes are still closed. I reach out for his shoulder, guilt taking over me.

"Its okay Raph. You can stop," I whisper.

"No. No I have to tell you. You're screaming my name out, pleading for me to help you but I can't. No matter how hard I try, my legs are still glues to the ground. Shredder pounds you to the ground and you're bleeding. Your leg is broken and you're crawling towards me," he says and finally, he begins to sob.

I immediatley take him into my arms. "And then you just die near my feet. You just die!"

"Raph please stop," I whisper, already regreting my demand. His whimpers are returning as he speaks.

"At that moment I can move again. I hold your helpless body but its useless," he finishes. "I was not there for you. I wasn't able to help you. I'm so sorry."

My mind begins to race and my heart shatters. So this is the nightmare that prevents him from sleeping. A huge weight settles in my chest knowing that it has to do mainly with me. I die in his dream and that makes him vulnerable.

"It was just a dream Raphie. Im right here and I'm not going anywhere," I promise.

"I wasn't able to help you," he cries.

"Raph baby don't cry," I plea. The nickname rolls out of my lips before I can even think. It feels good, despite the cheesiness behind it. Raph doesn't even comment on it anymore as I lay down on his chest and allow him to wrap his arms around me.

"I love you," I whisper repeatedly. Slowly, his body stops shaking and his grip losens. "It wasn't your fault. I'm never leaving your side no matter what."

"Thank you. I love you too Leo. More than you can imagine," he repies and my heart flutters.

A few moments of silence passes by. The only sound is his heavy breathing and his beating heart. I lift my head up slightly to see him with his eyes closed. His mouth is open with a string of saliva down his chin. I grin despite the worried emotions inside me. "Sleep tight my little angel," I whisper.

Raph has always looked so damn cute asleep.

¤¤¤

I can't reply to comments for some reason. I'm typing on my dad's laptop and it doesnt even give me the option to reply. Its so weird. OnO

Oh god well i hope you enjoyed this chapter. Im just warning you guys that there will be some sexual content in this book. Its not long before it comes but its coming soon!
Stay beautiful! Ily!