Square Cut

The next day I enjoy sleeping in well into the morning. I wake up, eat breakfast and get dressed. I just chill around the house for most of the morning waiting. Not stepping a foot outside just like Madam Wren said. I study, train a little on my own, meditate, and eat lunch. It gets well into the night before I hear a knock on my door.

        I open the front door and see Madam Wren smiling at me. "Ready my dear?"

        "Yes," I quickly slip some shoes on. "I almost thought you forgot about me."

        "No," she hands me a cloak. "Put this on."

        "Why?" I ask as I take it from her hands.

        "Please just humor me child." I put on the cloak. Madam Wren pulls my hood down to cover my face and does so to the one she's wearing as well. She leads me through the empty city up to the castle. We walk in silence through the castle grounds. We make our way inside and up to the King Gavril's office. The halls are empty, not one servant or butler around. Not even anyone to open the door for us, so we let ourselves inside.

        We enter the dark office and remove our hoods. I look to see the King Gavril sitting behind his desk, with the Queen Seren standing beside him. The elemental we woke up last night is standing before the desk. It looks like they were mid conversation when we entered. They stop and stare at us. The King rises from his seat. "Incredible," he says staring at me.

        "I didn't think it would be possible," Queen Seren adds. The elemental just nods his head in agreement.

        "Please sit," the King Gavril tells us. We all sit between two couches in a little lounge area in his office. "Remarkable."

        "What is?" I ask. "What is going on?" I look to Madam Wren for answers.

        "My dear," she grabs my hand. "It worked. We tapped into your light, and you now have the energy of an elemental."

        "Yes," the elemental adds. "The jolt you felt was your power growing. With a few more sessions and training you should be able to manipulate wind."

        "You're kidding, I'm just human." I explain.

        "Yes," the Queen says to me, "but we can already sense your abilities inside you." The King nods in agreement.

        "So, what does this mean?"

       "First off," Madam Wren hands me a necklace from inside her cloak. "Wear this." I do as she says and places the necklace around my neck. "It's a talisman with a concealment spell. Though this is amazing we don't want the wrong people learning this information. Wear this at all times and it shall hide your energy."

        "Second," the Queen adds on. "Your true training shall begin. Your schedule will consist of combat training with Rowan, training with yours truly," she gestures towards the elemental. "And lastly, your sessions with Madam Wren."

        "You cannot tell anyone," the King looks at me with a serious expression. "This information stays between the people in this room."

       "Yes sir." I'm so confused.

        "Good, your training starts tomorrow." We all stand up, say our goodbyes, and me and Madam Wren slip out of the castle. She takes me back home and says her own goodbyes. I get ready for bed and spend the next few hours in the night lying in bed reflecting on what happened. I still have so many questions. Will I be able to move wind? Like with my mind? What the fuck?

        While lying in bed I feel the necklace around my neck. I lift it up to look at. Madam Wren did a very good job making it something that wouldn't stand out. It's a beautiful white gold chain. The perfect length that lays in the middle of my chest. The pendant is very simple. It is just a small dangling jewel. I don't know if it is a real diamond, but it looks shiny. It is square cut and a very reasonable size. I don't notice any energy of a spell, but I don't know I'm not a witch. I'm still so confused. I sigh before I tuck myself to bed.