Chapter 2 - Family and Training

Naruto and the group were on their way to Konoha, "We forgot the money to pay for the hotel!" Hawk said out loud making Naruto run back to the tavern and return several minutes later. "Aren't you exhausted?" he asked his blond friend who shook his head.

"I can keep going, but then again without the weights I would have been much faster." Naruto said.

"What weights?" asked Hawk.

"Oh yeah, even when we're not training, I make Naruto wear his weights to increase his strength and speed." Ban spoke up.

"Wait, so is he carrying stones in his pockets?" asked Veronica.

"Nope seals that increase weight all over different parts of his body." Ban said, "Anyone want to give it a try?" he asked.

"I volunteer, if Naruto can do it so can I." Gilthunder boasted.

"Ok, but I'm not dragging you." Said Naruto who placed a seal his arm.

"It doesn't feel so heavy." Gilthunder said waving his arm around.

"I need to activate it first; I'll just use half the pressure." Naruto said making Gilthunder collapse on his side.

"A little help!" he shouted.

"I said I wouldn't drag you and besides I use twice as much on both arms." Naruto deadpanned.

"I gotcha." Said Howzer helping Gilthunder up despite the arm weighing them both down.

'He wears these all the time?' thought one formerly prideful Gilthunder.

"Perhaps you should hold off on sparring with my nephew Gil." Said Margaret who tried to help as well.

Later at the village

Naruto managed to get the group past the gate guards before they made it far they were stopped by an ANBU, "Naruto Uzumaki?" he asked wary of the young man not for what he contains but from the fact he isn't in his orange outfit and is a lot taller now.

"Yes, am I needed by the hokage?" he asked.

"Him and the council right away." The ANBU said before disappearing in a gust of wind and leaves.

"Another wind user?" asked Howzer.

"I'm not sure, but warriors here are connected to at least one of five elements, but that's one of things you can do with chakra." Naruto explained, "Besides it looks like I'm needed, Ban I need you take them to a nice hotel, not that crappy Golden leaf place that owns most of the village." Naruto said.

"Sure, you might want to take Hawk and Jericho with you." He said.

"Wait why me?" Jericho asked thinking Ban was trying to get rid of her again.

"You need to work on your political experience." Ban answered.

"If anything, political will happen, shouldn't Veronica and I be there for our nephew?" asked a worried Margaret.

"No just leave it to Naruto and Jericho besides they'll bow once they meet the captain of the order of scraps disposal." Ban answered.

"He's right come on Naruto!" shouted Hawk in excitement.

"I guess I'll take them, come on you two, I'll find you later Ban." Naruto waved off his uncle who took the group with him leaving Jericho to reluctantly follow Naruto.

"I guess it might be good to get some fresh air." Jericho said following Naruto and Hawk to the hokage tower.

"It won't be fresh when we run into those old farts called the elders." Naruto said showing utter annoyance.