𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 °•*⁀➷ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

𝙈𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙙

𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══(2)Belly and Steven were painfully oblivious to the heartbroken girl sitting in he backseat of their car

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══
(2)
Belly and Steven were painfully oblivious to the heartbroken girl sitting in he backseat of their car.

"So, Ivy, what does your family usually do for summer?" Belly was exited to make a new friend, and Ivy seemed like the perfect candidate, being only one year and 2 days older then herself.

"Oh yeah do you go anywhere like this in the holidays?" steven added to the overwhelming questions facing Ivy.

"Uh well," when Laurel was explaining the situation to Ivy, she was very clear that she didn't want Steven or Belly knowing anything about it.

So for now, her cover story was that she was Ivy Smith, and her parents were old friends of Laurel from high school, but unfortunately Ivy's fake parents were in a car accident and died elena gilbert style.

So Laurel, being the hero she is, decided to take care of poor, parentless, Ivy for the summer, by taking her to the fisher house in cousins beach.

"Well you know Belly, Ivy might not want to talk about that seeing as her family just died, tragically." Ivy silently thanked Laurel for her dramatic cover up of Ivy's inability to answer.

Belly's question left Ivy wondering, what does her family usually do in the summer?

Well her dad was always gone in summer holidays, and Ivy never knew why until now. He was with his other family, and Ivy was with one of her five babysitters.

Not wanting to make Belly feel bad, she brushed it off and attempted to make conversation with her new friend.

"um, what does your family usually do in the summer Belly?"

Belly was relieved that they didn't dwell on her moment of ignorance towards Ivy's 'pain of losing her parents'.

Belly couldn't imagine just waking up one day and he whole family being dead in a car accident.

"Well we come up here every summer! I don't know if mom told you but we stay at the fisher house with Susannah and her two boys Conrad and Jere!" Belly breathed deeply before continuing her rant,

"You're going to love them so much, We haven't seen them in ages but jeremiah and I can show you around and susannah it the sweetest she'll love dressing you up and Conrad can reach you footba-" Belly was so distracted with being the best possible friend and showing her around that she failed to notice the increase in Ivy's heavy breathing.

Her dad was here every summer.

He left her alone every summer for his real family.

She felt like a burden, he lost all of this because of her.

Ivy felt a huge amount of guilt, Belly and Steven, who she knew thing about, had been torn away from her dad, no their dad because of her.

noticing Ivy admits a panic attack, Laurel rubbed soothing circles on the girls knee from beside her, "belly, why don't we just let Ivy rest for the rest of the trip, I'm sure she's tired."

and once ivy shut her eyes she steered dreaming and didn't stop until she was being shaken awake, and forced out of the car to see more and more of the lives she had ruined just by existing.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══