𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 °•*⁀➷ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

❝ 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙟𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙚

𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙩, 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 ❞

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

(8)
"Dig in!"

Ivy had not stopped her unrequited glaring directed towards the unknowing Jeremiah since he had showed up at dinner late. Therefore failing to help with anything, he didn't set the table, help cook, even say thank you to his mom and Laurel for cooking dinner, just sat there complaining.

But the minute that Susannah handed out the mouthwatering plates of food, Jeremiah was cleared from Ivy's mind.

Yummy, gooey, cheesy lasagna engulfed the girl's senses.

"you eat like a pig," Jeremiah finally acknowledged Ivy for the first time all night.

how dare he?

Ivy was beyond furious.

While everyone at the table was laughing like Jeremiah was just fooling around, Ivy was sure he knew what he was doing.

he was a privileged, rude, boy who had gone through her bag, her only possessions, the. had the audacity to comment on her eating after this was the first time she was eating in two days.

her father had forgotten to leave her money for the month and she got fired from her job at the thrift shop due to her taking the leftover clothes.

so she hadn't had enough money in the budget for food and the water bills, and Ivy had seen how her dad gets.

when any of the house bills don't get paid, Ivy's dad gets blinded by rage. those times are the only occasions where Ivy is scared her dad will physically hurt her.

So she chose to pay the water bill, to save her heart. except now her stomach was facing the consequences, and she was really embarrassed by Jeremiah's comments.

Looking around the table, everyone was laughing, why did they think Jeremiah was so funny? so nice?

Except Ivy noticed that laurel wasn't laughing, she was just looking at her with a knowing look, "Jeremiah if you didn't help cook or set up for dinner than I don't think you can talk about how another person is eating," Laurel paused looking at Jeremiah with a casual glance,

"considering that I brought a milkshake for each kid here and you drank all of them," She finished smirking and continuing to eat her lasagne, as if she hadn't just slammed the ghost boy.

Go Laurel!

"they were all my favourite flavour, okay?"
Jeremiah huffed, annoyed that the shame spilt light had been diverted to him, everyone at the table now chuckling and giggling at his misfortune to get on Laurel's bad side.

Ivy thought silently, wondering how her life could have been different if Laurel was her mom.

would someone finally show up to school concerts, parent teacher interviews?

would someone be there to cheer her on when she won the science fair every single year, in hopes that her dad would finally show up, and be proud of her.

Ivy sat silently for the rest of dinner, ignoring the change in dynamic, Jeremiah now glaring at her with ferocity and Ivy ignoring his stare.

After dinner, everyone head off to their rooms, except Ivy and Belly.

"Hey, psst Ivy!" Belly whispered into the dark of Ivy's room,

"oh hey Belly, what's up?" while Ivy didn't know that girl very closely, she could tell that Belly wanted to be her friend and Ivy was okay with that, but felt guilty about having to lie to her new friend.

"we are going for a night swim."

Belly paused, thinking about the words her mother had just spoken to her, which Ivy was unaware of, Belly thought back to that conversation,

Belly, you know how I told you that Ivy's parents weren't around any more, how they died?

well Ivy hasn't been eating, she hasn't been able to.

money.

not eating.

sick.

The words rung in Belly's head like a mantra,

"and we can eat Jeremiah's Ice cream out of the fridge!" Belly added, exited she can help her new fried eat, and add to Ivy's revenge plan against Jere, as it was obvious that the two had some, issues, with each other.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══
❝ 𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚 ❞
°•*⁀➷ HI! don't be a ghost reader :) please vote + comment a LOT i love to see comments and feedback. also i couldn't be bothered to edit this so if you see a misspelling or something that doesn't make sense just comment it to let me know and i can change it :)