𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 °•*⁀➷ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

❝ 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙝, 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩,

𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 ❞

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

(7)
"hey honey," Susannah's honey warm voice rang through Ivy's ears as she was shaken from her bad dream, nightmare really.

Although susannah had already seen Ivy's crusty post cry and nap face, Ivy still ran to wipe her face quickly with a tissue, to hide her mascara stains and puffy face.

Somehow Ivy could just tell that Susannah knew, and Susannah could just tell that Ivy needed a hug.

So that's exactly what she gave the girl.

In between their silent dance of a hug Susannah whispered out, "I bought you a present today, the second Laurel told me over the phone, you know, everything," pulling away Ivy gave her an awkward smile.

Because what was a girl like Ivy, who had never experienced even this small amount of parental protectiveness, supposed to say to Susannah's motherly nature.

"Here," Susannah pushed a dress into Ivy's hands, watching as it unfolded into a beautiful blue and white, wave patterned strapless dress.

"I know what it must have been like to be raised by a single parent," Susanna began to speak words in a way only she knows how to, like it's a secret, like it's forever true.

"and you only had your dad half of the time, so I understand that you may not have the most girly things in your wardrobe! but if it's not to your taste we can have a girl shopping day, just you and me."

All Ivy could let out was a single tear and a tighter hold on Susannah's shoulders in their hug, to hide the crack in her shell.

"I really appreciate this Susannah, but i'm sure Jeremiah could tell you all about what i have in my wardrobe, seeing as he looked through it," Ivy mumbled to herself, expecting susannah to have walked away by now, everyone else in her life always did.

But Susannah was different, she cared. She cared about Ivy. Which was new for Ivy, but she definitely didn't mind it one bit.

So Ivy confided in Susannah. Not about anything too important, not that Ivy didn't trust Susanna, she did. But Ivy was sure that everyone in her life would leave eventually, and she didn't want to burden the sweet woman.

So she just talked about Jeremiah, his snooping. His napping. His everything.

And when Ivy was all done, she swear she saw a glint of something in the woman's eye, almost childlike, but in a second it was gone.

"Well i'm sure you kids can sort it out at dinner, which is what I came up to get you for, so let's go help set the table," normally when her dad or teachers referred to Ivy as a 'kid' she hated it, but when Susannah said it, it felt like she was prone to be a kid, like there was so much waiting for Ivy in her life.

So she didn't mind being called a kid.

Only by Susannah.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══
❝ 𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚 ❞
°•*⁀➷ HI! don't be a ghost reader :) please vote + comment a LOT i love to see comments and feedback. also i couldn't be bothered to edit this so if you see a misspelling or something that doesn't make sense just comment it to let me know and i can change it :)