𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 °•*⁀➷ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

❝𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙧 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙

𝙄 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 ❞

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

(5)
"jeez, how does a girl who is clearly high strung and high maintenance bring a bag smaller than my underwear drawer to a summer trip," Jeremiah mumbled to himself, beginning to unzip Ivy's navy blue duffel bag with a ridiculous amount of silver charms attached to the bags zipper.

"stop- hitting me, just pull g-," the boy groaned out in frustration, how is it that he could bench press his own body wait but couldn't even open a girl's dumb bag.

"gotcha!" Jeremiah was so hot to have gotten past actually opening the bag that he didn't notice that in his victory he had broken off a mermaid charm, that was now lying on the other side of his room.

Jeremiah quickly dove into the suspicious and annoying girl's bag, he called him a ghost boy and interrupted his nap, so surely she deserved this.

speeding past all the boring things like toothbrush and toothpaste, he noticed that this girl hadn't blocked anything, in fact if Jeremiah hadn't know that this girl was staying in cousins, he would've just guessed that she was sleeping over at a friends house for the night.

Ivy's bag was sad, and consisted of a raggedy old, pink, ballerina decorated toiletries bag with the bare necessities.

Coming across her candy stash, Jeremiah popped a skittle into his mouth, already bored with snooping.

hair ties, books, really small pyjamas. like, these would only fit a ten year old girl, kind of small.

how does she even fit into these? Jeremiah wondered, not that she was too big, fat, or any thing, but these pyjamas looked years old, and dirty, like they hadn't been taken care of or cleaned however that all flew right over Jeremiah's foolish head.

Her pyjamas were the ones she bought when she was ten. And they hadn't been washed because only her dad knew how to use the washing machine, before he had to sell it so Ivy could get a crappy old phone. He always blamed her for 'looking dirty' because he wasted his money on her.

Jeremiah just thought that the pyjamas were... slutty. She must buy her pj's extra small on purpose so that they fit her small, and expose all her, bits.

Belly would never wear small, slutty pyjamas on purpose. Jeremiah thought, and even though he knew it was a shitty think to think, he also knew it was true.

And he loved that about Belly.

Jeremiah now somehow hated Ivy even more now.

He also hated how Ivy made his brain change. He is smiley, positive, go lucky Jeremiah. But Ivy has been in cousins for less than a day and he already has snapped at her and cursed her to hell a bazillion times.

And he didn't feel ashamed, she was annoying.

and she only wore tiny slutty pyjamas, so he felt he had nothing to be guilty for.

When in reality, her pyjamas were kids size because the last time she bought pyjamas, she was a kid.

Her dad only has so much money, supporting two families? It was a strain on his wallet.

Her dad never had enough money for her to buy clothes that fit her, so when she finally got a job last winter at a thrift shop, the manager used to give her the leftover clothes, only what she needed.

Jumpers and jackets to get her through the winter, a blue swimsuit for the summer. Her manager got fired last month and ivy felt endlessly guilty because she new it was her fault.

Even with all those clothes and all that money she earned, Ivy only ever spent her money on food and bills, and only ever accepted the clothes she really, really needed from her manager, as she felt so bad for inadvertently 'stealing' the leftover clothes.

So Ivy and her dad were never really was able to buy her new pyjamas, so she stuck to the pair her favourite babysitter Nina bought her when she was twelve, when her dad could still afford to pay for a sitter.

Jeremiah looked through her clothes, ignoring her underwear with a blush covering his whole body when he saw them, quickly searching another section.

Stuffed animals, old clothes, polaroids stuck together by a rubber band that Jeremiah thankfully didn't look through, he would've been confused to see that Belly's dad was in most of them.

He carefully placed everything back into the back, just where he found. it previously, zipping the bag back up and leaving it by the front of his door for the annoying, now considerably slutty girl to pick up when she walked past later.

Jeremiah continued his journey down the stairs to greet his second family, the Conklins!

Little did he know that Ivy was also apart of the 'perfect' Conklin family.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══
❝ 𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚 ❞
°•*⁀➷ HI! don't be a ghost reader :) please vote + comment a LOT i love to see comments they're so fun
also feedback is yay
double also i promise that jere isn't going to be a total asshole this whole book, he is just a little angst right now