𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 °•*⁀➷ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

❝𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙧 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙

𝙄 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 ❞

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

tik tik tik

ivy's legs moved in time with the clock as they dangled off the edge of her bed. her attempt at reading sabotaged by the clock's loud ticking noise, book long forgotten.

the large black circular clock that adorned the wall beside her dresser seemed exponentially louder today compared to yesterday.

yesterday the clock's repeating ticking sound was background noise in her head,

but yesterday she hadn't kissed jeremiah fisher.

today she had.

due to ivy's position staring at the clock, she could say that it had been exactly an hour and thirteen minutes since she had tan from jeremiah's car and locked herself within the confides her room. failing to distract herself with various books and such.

a hesitant knock sounded from ivy's door, followed by it being opened just a crack. enough so that belly's lips could be visible poking out from behind the door.

"... is it safe to enter?" Belly teased. she had seen Ivy enter the house, the slight crease between her brows and her silent stomps up the stairs to her room told Belly that Ivy just needed time to herself. But now Belly needed to gossip, the inside scoop as to what had made Ivy so annoyed.

Belly had a feeling it was the usual culprit.

Jeremiah.

"ha ha belly, you're very funny." ivy mocked patting the place on the bed beside her, welcoming belly to join her.

with a grunt Belly ceremoniously flopped on the bed, ignoring Ivy's invitation to sit next to her, rather finding herself laying longways behind the girl, taking up as much space on the bed as possible.

The girls were both silent for a few moments, which was quite unsettling as the girls had seldom ever been seen in quiet company.

Belly waited to see if Ivy would start a conversation, but she didn't. And Belly never really could handle silence, comfortable or awkward.

"do you want to see this funny tiktok?"

"of course."

and so the girls spent the afternoon giggling at tiktok after tiktok. belly had long forgotten her need for Ivy's gossip, simply enjoying laughing with her.

once again there was a knock on that same door, this time it was softer than Belly's exited one.

"girls?" it was susannah's voice.

getting up, ivy opened the door and was met with the comforting feeling that always accompanied susannah's presence.

"hi honey, do you and belly mind coming down to help cook dinn-" susannah was quite swiftly interrupted by her counterpart.

"susannah!" a large bellowing yell that ivy recognised to be laurel's voice echoed up the narrow staircase.

"it not an option we said kids cook and clean up dinner, parents watch love island!"

"sorry kids, belly youre on clean up with conrad," savannah winked at belly, who attempted to keep a straight face despite her reddening face betraying her in the form of a flustered blush.

she continued, "and Ivy you cook with Jere."

ivy was quick to interrupt, a range of excuses already bubbling in her mind.

before Ivy could protest Savannah was no longer standing alone, she was now e by her usual partner in crime. laurel.

"no arguments girls. go! go!" Lauren clapped her hands as to rush the girls to their duties.

the dictators in question turned and walked away, happy with the girl's compliance.

"god i swear my mother should've been some kind of a military enforcer, not a writer." belly whispered to the girl before both erupting into laughter.

"have fuuun!" belly teased with a wave of her hand, Ivy was going to be cooking dinner all alone.

well, not alone.

with jeremiah.

ivy reached the bottom of the stairs and entered the kitchen at the slowest pace she could, as so to avoid the annoying boy who had a habit of just kissing her.

she reached the kitchen, to find him already waiting there.

he flashed her a large and genuine grin, a smile. ivy had to restrain herself from fainting at the rare sight. while everything about him claimed to repulse ivy, she couldn't deny that his smile had her weak in the knees.

"okay so are you okay with making spaghetti?"

"uh yeah that's fine." Ivy wasn't quite sure why he was treating her like a human being rather than an annoying little bug, like a mosquito.

so the pair worked in silence, cutting vegetables, finding the salt, pouring water. not even talking to ask where the salt was when ivy couldn't find it,

she just opened all the cabinets and drawers she could search until jeremiah eventually handed it to her from a forgotten shelf, hidden behind the tomato sauce.

all until the pair was now stood beside eachother, jeremiah stirring a wooden spoon around the pot of pasta while ivy felt useless just standing there, not sure wether to look at the pasta or the boy who had kissed her earlier that morning.

and suddenly he was staring into her eyes so intensely, as if he was trying to see every but of her soul in them, searching them in a way that made her start cracking her knuckles, a nervous habit.

"y'know have really pretty eyes." he stated like it was an irrefutable fact. as if he, with bright blue eyes, wasn't talking to a girl with brown eyes. nothing ivy had ever seen as particularly, special. at least not special enough to be admired in the way they were right now.

ivy simply brushed off his unnerving words as another tactic to get in her head, tease her about later.

seeing her denial, he spoke once again. pausing his stirring ministrations for focus on ivy.

"have you every seen your eyes in the sun? like they are right now?"

"well obviously not dumbass, they're my eyes.." still not believing his compliments were anything other than tricks in disguise, she continued to deny.

"brown no longer describes them, ivy. they melt into golden colours, circling an eclipse. there's nothing boring about your eyes. not even when the sky gets darker, your eyes just become a sunset of their own."

what the fuck.

.════╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞════
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚
soo hey! a little bit late but here you go sorry muah 💋💋
also please tell me any spelling / grammar mistakes as this is in no way proof read