EIGHTEEN

📍 the beach

"so, you play football?" shay asked.

"yep. but i'm taking a break this summer. you know, to actually enjoy the good weather." dylan said.

we were sitting on the beach, shay and dylan were getting to know each other, and i was getting to play games on my phone.

"you drive?" she asked.

"yeah, a golf cart." he joked.

"oh, i actually drive. couldn't be you!"

"wow, rude."

shay and dylan laughed.

"so, how has liv been in that little mind?" shay asked.

"great. really great!" i said.

"good. how's the hamptons? expensive?" shay questioned.

"to be honest i haven't been to any stores. or anywhere other than this neighborhood. you know what dylan? you've gotta get me out and about!"

"my bad." dylan defended, putting his arms up jokingly.

"well, you can show me and liv around." shay said.

dylan nudged me.

"ryan, lexie, and literally every other teen that lives here hangs out, out of this neighborhood." dylan whispered.

"so?" i whispered back.

"if they see us together, we have to act like we're dating." he mumbled.

"they won't see us together." i mumbled back.

shay was just looking at us.

"sorry! just planning all the nice places we can take you. why not we go now?" i said.

"sounds good to me!" shay said.

as we got up, dylan kicked me in the back of my leg.

"ow!!" i exclaimed.

"that's what you get for you know what." he said, pointing his finger at me and leaving shay confused.