TWENTY ONE

📍home

i've been keeping my distance from dylan, lexie, and ryan.

shay left, but she has been texting me non-stop. spamming me with apologies.

i sat on my bed, staring at my phone. staring at shay's contact. her blank contact. the block button looked at me first, i swear. i didn't press it though, because an incoming call from shay popped up.

i answered.

"oh my god liv. guess what?! lava just ran away. i can't find her anywhere. i'm literally going to cry so much." shay said, sounding like she was about to break down into a million pieces.

"what??!! lava??" i asked.

"yea. i don't think i'm going to find her. i've been looking for hours now."

"shay i am so sorry. where did you check for her?"

i didn't hear where shay checked because another call was coming in. from dylan. he never calls me since he could just knock on my door. so i had two decisions.

don't answer.

or.

leave shay on hold.

so i did what i had to do and left shay on hold, answering dylan.

"hey." i said.

"liv? omg thank god. i just got into a really bad crash on the golf cart. like really bad. the ambulance is coming and the police are already here. i cut my leg open, you think you can come before the ambulance does? i want you to come with me." dylan said.

"what?! oh my god!! are you okay?"

"i'm fine but i think i need stitches."

"oh my god dylan. this is why you can't drive a car yet."

"oh shut up."

"hahah where are you?"

"like two blocks left from us."

"i'm coming right now. i'll beat the ambulance."

"i love you oh my god."

"i love you too and i'll see you soon."

i hung up. and hung up on the call that was waiting for me.

the call that was on hold.