1.

Nicki..

I close my eyes,  allowing the drugs to fill my system. Closing my eyes, feeling the pain subsiding, giving me the feelings of peace. I sigh falling against the cold brick walls, falling into a pool of water on the cool ground in the alley. This was the best feeling the world, it eased all my pain.

I open my eyes taking in the dark street, just me and garbage cans. I grip my empty pill bottle, holding on to it. I lick my lips because it was dry. Now I was numb,  I couldn't feel a thing.

It was the only thing that could help me through, getting high. I had to. I couldn't go a day without it. I had to numb myself it was the only way I could stay alive.

I know, I know drugs shouldn't be the first thing I run too, but it's all I ever knew. My mother did drugs, my mother's mother did drugs, it's kind of a thing I picked up on at a very young age and been hooked since.

But now I was out, and my pill dealer got murdered. So now I had to search for someone new to deal me the pills. I didn't know who to go to, I was new in Chicago. Getting up slowly, I start to walk out the alley.

I knew most of the drug dealers were in Oblock, which is where I met my old drug dealer.  So I figured I would go there. I grip my small jacket tightly, the cold air whipping past me causing me to shake. Why am going to go get more drugs? I just like to always have them on me. It's a the only security with me, that everything is going to be okay.

Some people may say it's a false sense of hope but it's everything to me. I have no one in this world.  Just me and my drugs.

Arriving to the block, people were outside,  mainly the gangbangers,  other addicts, prostitutes , etc. It was something different about this night,  I could tell.

My senses were super heightened because I was high as hell, even though I only took half a pill. I did notice it was a huge crowd in the middle, it looks like they were all surrounding something or someone. It caught my attention so I walked over there, pushing through some people until I made it to the front.

That's when I see these men, dressed in designer clothes and fancy jewelry. Everyone was just so mesmerized,  including me. The one that catches my eye is the Brown skin guy, that's  bowlegged. He was perfect, a blunt between his thick lips. He was sexy.

I find myself walking up to him, I just wanted to knownif he was selling. Next I find myself getting pushed by this light skin dude with blonde dreads and big light brown eyes.

" The fuck you think you doing crackhead?" He demands frowning down at me..

" Is he selling your friend?" I ask him,  my eyes falling on the handsome boy who was frowning like his friend.