CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: A MISTRESS'S BROTHER

"Are you really sure you want to take the children with you? I think they'd be better off here. Land disputes in Toure last longer than you think" Mahmud voiced out his concern. He had been trying to convince me to let the children stay ever since I announced that they were coming with me, to Toure.

"Mahmud, you worry too much, Nothing will go wrong with them. Fairy had always wanted to go to Toure, you know. I want them to know what their country looks like" I explained, deep down, I wanted my children to have a chance of meeting their grandparents, even if it was by accident.

"Aasta, you're too much. You won't change your mind when it's already made up right?" Mahmud complained, resignedly. I only shrugged my shoulder in response.

"Mam, how many more minutes left the plane to take off? I want to see the fireflies, and every other thing you always tell us about" Fairy repeated that exact statement for the umpteenth time. She was so excited when she heard that we were going to Toure, if she had her way, she would have teleported herself there.

" I see, the Queen of Toure can't wait to finally go to her Kingdom. Don't worry, your wait will soon be over" Mahmud answered. Mahmud always addressed Fairy as the Queen of Toure, because she had the same name as the Queen, Samha. She bounced in excitement in her seat.

"Mam, but why won't Aam come with us? Don't they want to see Toure?" Rumi asked, I knew Rumi was going to ask that question.

Aam, Aman and Amani weren't going with us to Toure, because they were Najwa's children and not mine. Najwa was very upset about me taking Rumi and Fairy away, she said I didn't trust her enough to take care of my children, It took me so much explanations to make her understand.

"Aam, Aman and Amani are busy with some school work, but don't worry too much, they'll join us as soon as they're done" I lied, I didn't think he'd even understand, if I had told him the real reason behind it.

After a long six hours in the sky, we had a safe landing at Almamy Samory Toure airport, Toure. I smiled, as I took a deep breath of the air of my birth home.

The cool evening breeze that hit my skin as I got off the plane, reminded me of just how much I had missed my hometown. I didn't realize I was homesick, until I was walking on the soil of my beloved Toure, my fatherland.

"Feels good to be back again?" Mahmud asked, noticing the smile that played on my lips. I nodded in agreement, earning a smile from him.

"Woooow, so this is Toure? This is our home?" Fairy enquired. I gave her an affirmative nod, and she began to jump in excitement.

I gasped, when I spotted Rumi, busy writing on the well polished shoes of a man sitting absent mindedly at the airport. The man seemed to realize just as soon as I did, he had his back to me, so I couldn't see the expression his face carried.

"I'm very sorry sir, He's too much. Please forgi..." I began, but stopped in my tracks when I saw who the person was. He gave me a genuine smile, which conveyed just how much Joy he felt seeing me back in Toure.

"It's fine, children tend to be full of mischief at this age" Satyendra said amidst smiles. "And, it feels very good to see you back here" smiled.

"It feels good to be back home Satyendra" I smiled back at him. We chatted a little about Toure, before he went to board the plane that was leaving for Roseland.

I held Rumi by the hand and headed back to where Mahmud was standing. Mahmud decided to come with me, to see how I'll manage. I tried to convince him that I'd do just fine on my own, but he didn't want to hear it.

We spotted a man holding a placard, with ASTHANA, boldly written on it, Mahmud waved for him to come over. The driver loaded our luggages in the trunk of the car, while we took our seats in the car.