drama on the terrace

Mae spent the afternoon lazing about, before it was time to get ready for the evening. She ended up in a light green silk two piece set, with her hair up in a bubble pony tail. She made her way down stairs with the other girls, gathering with the boys in the garden to grab their drinks, cheers, and then break off. 

"So what's your plan for the evening girly," Paige asked Mae from where the blonde was sat with Nathan and the Welsh girl. 

"I hate the idea of needing a plan," Mae scrunched her nose as the other two laughed at her. "I just want to go with the flow, and have things happen naturally."

"Well considering Jaques can't leave you alone, I think you're fine," Paige said softly, Mae about to ask her to speak up when she felt someone sit beside her.

"We all alright?" Jaques asked as the three islanders turned to him, Paige and Nathan laughing lightly. 

"Doing ok, how about you?" Mae raised her brow as she sipped her champagne. 

"Sitting here with a stunning girl and some good friends," he winked. "How could I complain?" The four of them chatted for a few minutes before Paige and Mae decided they wanted a snack, heading to the kitchen with the boys close behind. The girls were sitting there munching when something caught Paige's eye. 

"Oh, there they go," she laughed as the group turned to watch Jay and Ekin head inside. 

"What are they up to?" Mae tilted her head. 

"Guarantee they're going to kiss," Nathan shook his head as he took a sip of his drink. 

"Where Is Davide then?" Mae looked around the garden.

"He's literally inside too," Jaques laughed and shook her head. "Look they're up on the terrace," he pointed to where they could see Jay's head. 

"Jesus guys," Mae sighed as she ate a chip. Mae ended up sitting on the counter, swinging her legs with Jaques trying to tickle her when Davide came in the kitchen.

"Whats happening lad?" Jaques looked at the Italian, who was clearly scanning the villa. 

"Nothing," Davide shrugged. "Where is she? Do you know?"

The other two looked at each other before Mae shrugged. "They're up on the terrace," Mae frowned as she saw the Italian's shoulders move with a sigh. "Have you guys chatted today?"

"After this morning, no," he took a chip. "At this point she's pissing me off so." Mae grimaced as she could hear Luca yelling Ekin Su and Jay's names, because at this point everyone knew they were on the terrace. Ekin Su made her way down, clearly trying to play it off when Remi asked where Jay was. 

"This is so tragic," Mae sighed, kicking her feet again as Jaques buried his head in her shoulder to hid his laugh. "Is she kidding?" Mae whispered to him when she heard Ekin ask Davide for food, the boy's only response be to ask where she was.

"You girls want to go for a chat?" Ekin Su asked Gemma, Mae and Paige who were all sat in the kitchen. The three girls nodded, following her to the fire pit. 

"So like, for the past two days, I've been meeting with Jay on the terrace and getting to know him," the woman explained. "And tonight we kissed."

"How was it?" Paige asked with a smile.

"Like, the best kiss ever," Ekin smiled back. "I kissed him yesterday and I kissed him today."

"I'm super happy for you Ekin," Mae smiled. "But like, to be brutally honest with you, you need to tell Davide, like now. He's already getting pissed, so him not knowing this is just going to get him up there."

"I agree, definitley sooner rather than later," Gemma chimed in. "But like you do need to make the best decision for you, and that's just that at the end of the day."

"Is that him coming over now?" The girls watched the man out of the corner of their eyes. 

"Yeah," Mae nodded, getting up. "Just rip off the bandaid Ekin." Gemma and Mae walked off, going to the day bed. 

"This is going to be a train wreck," Mae whispered to the brunette as they were joined by Luca and Jaques. The group watched for a few minutes, barely able to hear raised voices before Ekin Su got up and stormed off, followed by Davide. Paige and Gemma headed to the girl, while Indiyah and Mae sat with some of the boys as Davide walked over. 

"Did she lie about talking to him?" Luca asked Davide. 

"She said she talked to him today, but not on the terrace," the Italian relayed. 

"Oh she was on the terrace, 100%," Jaques shook his head. 

"Come with me," Davide took the rugby player over to talk to Jay, Luca quickly following. 

"Oh shit," Mae said as Davide walked off again, shaking his head. 

"You were not on the terrace?" Davide yelled over to Ekin Su as he walked back to the day bed. "Liar. Liar." The boy quickly turned around, walking back towards her and yelling about the girl. 

"Jeez," Mae groaned as everyone else stood, her and Indiyah shuffling forward to get up as well. She headed over to where Jay and Remi sat. "Look at you you little shit stirrer," the blonde laughed as she sat with the boys. 

"I shouldn't have told him we were on the terrace," Jay shook his head. 

"No, no," Mae stopped him. "Someone had to, and she wasn't going to, clearly. This is more about her than you, so just don't stress about it."

Davide came back from inside with Luca and Jaques, Jaques joining the three on the couch as Davide shouted about Ekin deserving an oscar.

"Oh my god," Mae choked on her water as she laughed, the boys all turning to her. "I'm sorry, but you have to admit that was funny." As the boys went to sit with Davide, Mae followed Tasha and went to sit with the girls. 

"He looks about this small in my eyes," Ekin Su held up her hands. "He's just not on right now." As soon as Davide yelled again, Ekin got up and stalked over. 

"Shit," Mae sighed, staying seated with Indiyah and Tasha as the other girls headed to the fire pit. "So I will be making no nightly visits to the terrace then."

The three of them got up as people gathered at the firepit, Mae sitting down next to Jaques when he patted the seat next to him. His arm came around her shoulder, and his fingers played with the end of her ponytail as they listened to the islanders talk. 

"This has all come because she lied about the terrace," Luca pointed out, Mae nodding in agreement. "Like she stood there and lied about it in front of everyone."

"And the kiss," Amber pointed out, the others shocked when she confirmed what the boys had been speculating about. 

"The shouting was just a bit much," Indiyah pointed out when Davide joined them. 

"I know," he agreed. Then, Jaques clued Davide in to the kiss. Mae and Jaques watched as Davide walked to the kitchen to make a snack, where Ekin tried to talk with him again and got turned down.

"Honestly, don't blame him," Mae shrugged as Jaques and she sat there. "Like lying gets you no where, especially in here, so." The two sat there for a while longer before everyone headed in for bed. 

*yall, im so mad im about to have to say the same thing I said about liam, but since the real jaques is HORRIFIC (paige deserves better) this book will be him with an attitude adjustment :) thx for coming to my ted talk!*