heart to hearts

Mae and Jaques woke up the next morning on complete opposite sides of the bed, laughing as they came back into the middle

Mae and Jaques woke up the next morning on complete opposite sides of the bed, laughing as they came back into the middle. "Couldn't get away fast enough could ya," the boy laughed as the two cuddled with closed eyes, even with the lights on. They chatted quietly for a bit longer before making the move back to the main bedroom.

"Good morning," Mae waved as the two of them walked in to cheers from their friends. 

"Good night?" Luca called out with a smirk, noticing the smirk on both of their faces. 

"Very nice," Mae sat on Paige and Nathan's bed. "It was nice to just be alone and get to chat and stuff."

"Chat and stuff," Davide laughed as the girls pulled Mae upstairs and the boys headed outside.

The girls didn't even get the chance to grill Mae before the boys started shouting about a new girl in the garden. The girls rushed out to meet Antigoni, who was stunning. The group sat there for a bit getting to know the blonde before the girls took her on a tour of the villa and ended up sitting on the terrace, talking about their situations.

The girls turned to Mae who rolled her eyes with a smile. "So I'm with Jaques, and the little menace got me in the hideaway last night-"

"You loved it," Indiyah interrupted with a laugh.

"There were some minor beauty treatments taking place, but nothing too full on," the blonde tried to play it cool, the girls seeing right through it. Mae was happy for them to move around the circle to talk about other people's couples. 

After a bit, the girls decided to go ahead and get ready for the day while Antigoni went on to chat with the guys. Everyone lazed about the villa for the first half of the day, and Mae found herself in the awkward situation of Jay asking about her night in the hideaway before Antigoni got a text that she would be taking three boys on a date. 

She took Davide, Jay and Dami for her three guys, the girls quickly headed upstairs to help her get ready. After the group had sent off the four, the rest of the islanders went to the garden and Ekin pulled Mae fairly quickly. 

"Why are you stressing babe?" the blonde asked as they went into the kitchen. 

"I mean the boy I like is going on another date," Ekin grimaced. "I don't want to sit here like everything is fine, I want to keep myself busy." 

"Did he talk to you before you left?" Mae jumped onto the counter while Ekin leaned against the fridge, her eyes widening when Ekin Su shook her head. 

"How are you feeling?" the older woman asked. 

"I don't know, like I would feel the same as you if that was me," Mae soothed. "But also, that challenge last night was weird as hell. Like we have never had any sort of connection, I literally have told him he's like a brother, and he kisses me?"

"I just wonder if all the reassurance and the intimacy is fake," Ekin Su frowned. 

"Have you asked him where his head is at?" Mae asked. "Like deep down do you think you have to worry?"