recoupling

"Luca

"Luca." Danica chose. Luca looked at the floor with a sigh, but walked over to Gemma, offering her a kiss before going to sit next to Danica. Tasha went next choosing Andrew, Amber choosing Dami, Ekin Su choosing Jay. Gemma ended up choosing Davide, and Mae was happy that the Italian boy wasn't done yet. 

The group could tell Luca wasn't at all happy, especially with Gemma ending back in bed with Davide. Paige then went on to couple with Nathan, before it was time for Mae to go. The blonde stood up and adjusted her dress, smiling at the three boys in front of her. 

"So I would like to couple with this boy because he might genuinely almost be as funny as me," she grinned as the other islanders laughed. "He is extremely handsome, and over the past few days, our chats have sort of shown me that there is something there, and I want to explore that more. So the boy I would like to couple up with is,

Jaques." The boy smiled brightly before jogging across the decking to hug Mae. The two sat down, Jaques wrapping his arm around the girls waist. 

"That was cute," he smirked, Mae nudging him with a light laugh. Jaques pressed a kiss to her shoulder before they turned to watch Indiyah's pick. The girl seemed conflicted, but did end up recoupling with Ikenna. 

Jay and Mae were the first ones to approach Remi, the two boys wrapping the girl in between them. "We're going to miss you!" she rubbed his back, hearing the other islanders approach from behind. "I'm sorry it didn't work out," she gave him one last squeeze before pulling back.

"Yeah, I'm going to miss Remi," Mae said. "He, Jay, and I came in together and I think that makes you form a bond, I feel like they're my big brothers."

After the group waved Remi off, Mae took Jaques' offered arm and the two went to sit on a couch. "So you think I'm handsome do ya?" he smirked as she turned away from him.

"Not anymore," she laughed as he grabbed at her arm to pull him around. 

"Nah, that speech was cute though," he turned his body towards her. "And I agree. Like as soon as you came in I just got this feeling with ya."

"Me too," she smiled softly. "Definitely didn't think I'd find someone I got on with so quickly, but I am happy to be coupled with ya."

"And share a bed with me?" he raised a brow, making her laugh. 

"Didn't you hear? We'll have a pillow wall," Mae giggled at his offended face. 

"Nah, one time with my cuddles, and you'll be hooked," he looked sure of himself.

"You are quite touchy," Mae observed. "I am too though so it works out."

"Yeah, even with my mates I am," Jaques traced patterns onto her exposed thigh. "It's cheesy but I just love to be like cuddling and kissing, it's one of my favorite things."

"Me too," she smiled softly, the two locking eyes. Jaques tried to read her gaze, his hand coming up to cup her cheek. He could see the acknowledgement in her eyes, leaning in and connecting their lips in their first kiss. Mae's hand came up to hold onto his wrist as their lips moved smoothly, pulling back with matching grins. 

"That was nice," he laughed as Mae buried her head in his neck.

"Yeah, he's a good kisser for sure," Mae blushed in the beach hut. "Very nice moment."

Shortly after, the islanders made their way to the villa to get ready for bed. "You excited for your first night in bed with Jaques?" Gemma asked Mae as the two stood in the bathroom.

"Oh yeah," the blonde nodded. "I'm just looking forward to a cuddle, I'm super touchy feely so it'll be nice." The girls finished their business before heading downstairs. Mae smiled when she spotted Jaques looking all cuddly in their bed. 

"Hey," she said softly as she climbed under the covers, turning on her side to face him. 

"Hey," he grinned back. 

"You need to meet someone," she said faux seriously, causing the brunette's eyes to narrow in. 

"Go on," he nodded. The blonde moved around before she pulled a stuffed Llama out. 

"This is Alfie," she showed Jaques the plush. "I've had him since I was a baby, and when ever I go places for a long period of time, he comes with me. Anything not nice said about Alfie will have immediate consequences."

"Hi Alfie," Jaques laughed, making the blonde beam. She put the plush on the ledge over their bed, before settling back down facing Jaques.

The two stared at each other for a minute, before the lights turned off. Jaques lifted his hand to run his thumb over her cheek, leaning in to kiss her again. "Want a little cuddle?" he whispered, the girl nodding immediately as she scooted in closer, before turning the other way. The two fell asleep to Jaques rubbing her hip, and her hand caressing his forearm.