heated exchange

Mae woke up the next morning with a smile on her face, snuggling further into Jaques hold before peaking at the other islanders

Mae woke up the next morning with a smile on her face, snuggling further into Jaques hold before peaking at the other islanders. "Good morning everyone," Paige called out as they began to sit up. Mae grabbed her sunglasses before sitting up, looking around the room as Gemma came back in with Luca who had slept in the doghouse. 

They all sat there for a few minutes before the boys headed outside and the girls headed upstairs on the terrace. "Mae how was your first night with Jaques?" Paige began the grilling. 

"Good yeah," the blonde smiled. "Had some nice cuddles, maybe a kiss or two. But it was nice." The girls all smiled before they focused in on Danica. Mae got the feeling the girl regretted her choice with Luca, but she just had to run with it now. 

Mae put on a yellow bikini before heading downstairs to join the boys. After forcing Jaques into the pool with her, the two sat on the bean bags with Luca and Ikenna. Luca was trying to inconspicuously watch Gemma and Danica have their chat. All of the islanders jumped a bit when they heard a phone chime. 

"I've got a text," Danica yelled. "Danica and Luca, it's time for your first date. Please get ready to leave the villa." Luca shook his head as he watched the girls head inside, Mae leaving him with a consoling shoulder pat. The islanders stood in the foyer as Danica came down.

"Oh, they're matching!" Jaques cackled, even as Mae whacked him in the stomach. The two then waved the others off. The islanders made their way back inside, Mae laying down on the sunloungers for a bit. She was joined by Jaques eventually, the boy interrupting her relaxation as he laid down on his front between her legs, with his head basically using her boobs as pillows.

"What do you think our first date will be like?" he asked as they sat there. 

"You mean second," Mae teased. "I'm not sure, I'm pretty easy. Like on the outside I love going to the movies, or grabbing dinner or whatever."

"Hold on, let me take notes, Jaques went to grab his phone when they heard Luca's voice call out. The boys quickly took the tattooed boy to the firepit while the girls went to the big kitchen couch with Danica. 

"Yeah so we went to like this rocky beach," the girl explained. "And Luca was nice, like can't fault him. He made me feel welcomed, and that's all you can really ask in this situation." The girls all voiced their agreement. As Gemma and Luca went to speak, Mae sat with Paige on the covered sun bed. The two girls watched as Danica and Jaques took a seat on the beanbags. 

"How do you feel about that?" Paige asked the blonde. 

"I think that it is early days, we aren't exclusive, he can do what he wants," she shrugged. "Obviously no one else has really gotten my attention so it would suck if that happened for him, but what can I do."

The group then decided to head inside and get ready for the evening. Mae left her hair in the natural waves the pool water and brought out, and threw on a pink outfit. The group made their way downstairs, did their toast, and then Mae found herself sharing a bean bag with Jaques as they listened to Indiyah chat about her situation with Ikenna. 

"As bad as it sounds, do you think you're kind of forcing it?" Mae asked the girl with a frown, the other girl shrugging. 

"I'm starting to feel like, our personalities just aren't compatible," she shrugged. "But I do feel like I need to figure it out so I don't drag it on you know?" Mae nodded, and Indiyah ended up leaving their circle to go and chat to Ikenna about how she was feeling. As the girls saw her walk away from Ikenna, a group of them followed the girl to another couch. 

"Yeah, I've just told Ikenna I just don't think there's any romance there," the girl sighed, Mae patting her knee sympathetically. "And I'd rather have this conversation now than four weeks in."

"I'm proud of you," Amber said, the girls echoing her statement, before all leaning in to Indiyah to give her a cuddle. The group then split up, and Mae ambled over to the firepit with some of the girls, while Amber and Ekin Su sat on the bean bags. The girls were sitting chatting before Paige hushed them, able to hear Amber and Ekin's voices raising.

"Shall we go? It sounds a bit heated," Paige offered, the other girls nodding before standing and walking over. The girls sat down as Amber was saying Ekin's behavior the past few days had made her question the woman.

"You're trying to create shit right now and it's pissing me off," Ekin fumed.

"I'm trying to be genuine," Amber explained. "And you're allowed to be pissed off. It's just a side that's made me think you're playing a bit of a game."

"Am I playing a game or are you playing a game?" Ekin backfired.

"Yeah, I'm playing a game," Amber laughed.

"Yeah, because you're so secure in your relationship," Ekin snipped.

"Ok let's just relax," Mar Interjected as the girls were ready to trade low blows. 

"If you can't have a nice conversation then-"

"You're attacking me!" Ekin cut amber off. "Saying I'm playing a game."

"If I was being fake, I would've stayed quiet when you asked me what the issue was," Amber ranted. "I'm being genuine, I think you're fake!"

"It's unfair to blame it all on Amber," Gemma interjected. "I think some of the girls have seen the difference as well."

"Well, why didn't you speak up then?" Ekin looked around. Mae avoided her gaze, looking over to the side where all the boys were lined up watching the show. The blonde rolled her eyes as she tuned back in to Ekin snapping at Amber for rolling her eyes. 

Most of the girls decided to get up and go to the dressing room, while Mae headed to where Jaques and Luca were sitting. "Keep me out of that dressing room mate," Mae laughed as she sat between the boys, chatting for a few minutes before heading inside. Luckily the girls were either in bed or brushing their teeth while she changed, leaving her to get ready in peace.