Chapter Four

Bart West-Allen

Bart and his older sister Nora were sitting in the living-room. Nora was writing a new article for CCC and Bart was going through channels to find anything interesting.

Only thing he found was news about Impulse and XS catching a thief. He knew what happened, there was no point in watching it- He's hand stopped moving. He saw someone standing near the camera man, probably reason she got filmed.

Caroline. Caroline Raymond. Her light brown hair was slightly messy and her expression cloudy. Bart watched how quickly she left the area and darted towards different direction.

“Oh, it's us on TV.” Nora remarked, clearly unaware why Bart was staring at the screen so intensely. “That's exactly what I'm writing about. Us saving a day. How can this be my day job?” She wondered while wearing a silly smile.

Bart scoffed. “You enjoy praising yourself.”

Nora shrugged with a grin. “True.”

Bart sighed and stood up. “I'll finish work in my room.” He ran upstairs. “Tell me when mom and dad come.”

Instead of working, Bart layed on his bed and wondered how could he ask aunt Caitlin if her daughter had powers without her suspecting anything. Of course he couldn't do it. And asking Caroline would be foolish, for she wouldn't tell him truth.

But he had to do something. He had to ask her. And if Caroline was willing to get any help, he would tell Bart the truth.

With that, he rolled over and took a nap, Nora would surely wake him up when Barry and Iris arrive.

A loud bang on his door woke him up. He didn't need to stand up because the door swing open and Nora shouted that their parents were back. With a groan, he walked down the stairs and greeted his parents who had tired expressions.

“What's wrong?” Bart asked in concern. Iris shook her head and replied that they were just tired from the work.

“I wrote an article as you asked, mom.” Nora told her with a smile. Iris returned the expression while stroking her hair lovingly. Bart wanted to ask his father about Caitlin's daughter but decided that it would be better if he tried to ask her first and let the matter go for now.

The next day he didn't have work so he sped towards Mercury Labs were he knew Caroline Raymond worked. He asked the woman in the first floor were he could find her and he gave her instructions. He used the elevator and got on Caroline's floor. Not too high and not too low, exactly in the middle. He passed some doors until he reached her laboratory. Bart knocked on the door and after someone gave him a permission, he opened it and went inside.

He spotted his old friend sitting in the desk near the big window, she looked tired. He also saw another girl with ivory skin, caramel hair and sapphire blue eyes standing at his left, writing something in the file. He smiled at Caroline who just noticed him. She seemed surprised and... Panicked? But slowly her face got covered with a friendly smile. She stood up to greet Bart.

“Bart! Hi! I-is everything all right? Why didn't you tell me you were coming? Is there an emergency?” She bombarded him with questions. Bart scratched the back of his neck and gave her an awkawrd grin. “No worries, there's no emergency.” He reassured. “But I had few questions with you, can we get a coffee?”

Caroline nodded and walked away to grab her beg and coat. “Bex, I'll be back in an hour.” She told the girl next to them. She nodded while both of them left the lab 108.

Bart offered to take her so that's why they were sitting in CC Jitters, waiting for their coffee to arrive. Caroline bit her lip while Bart tried to find right words to start a conversation.

“Is this about Godspeed? Is he back?” She asked suddenly. Bart gave her a confused look but quickly reassured that this had nothing to do with Godspeed.

“I actually wanted to talk about something else. Something I'm not entirely sure you would like to talk about.” He looked her in the eye. She glanced the other way.

“And what's that?” She asked nervously. Bart felt horrible to see her like that.

“Do you possible know anything about... About a white haired frosty woman walking in the streets at night?” He asked her carefully. Caroline didn't give him an answer at first, then she shook her head in denial. Bart suspected she would do that. “Listen, I'm not hunting her for harm. I want to help whoever she is. I bet you would want too, from what aunt Caitlin went through with Frost, we shouldn't let someone else endure it too.” He told her truthfully.

Caroline hesitated, then her whole posture went rigid. She gave him an apologetic look. “I'm sorry, Bart but I don't know anything about you're white woman, nor have I seen her before. Can I help you with anything other?”

Bart shook his head, disappointed. Looks like she doesn't want to be helped. Or maybe she isn't Khione and she's telling the truth. Doubtful. He thought. “No, but thank you, nonetheless.”

Once they finished their coffee, Bart dropped Caroline at her work while went somewhere else. He was still not going to tell his family member about this. But he would tell someone else, who could offer him an advice. Uncle Jay. Bart thought gladly. He could help him.

He knocked at the door of Garricks. Joan, Jay's wife greeted him. She was suprised to see Bart but also very happy. She welcomed him home and offered him a piece of cake she made for her and her husband. Bart smiled and agreed. Joan Garrick was a good cooker and he liked her food. While giving him a plate, she called her husband who arrived shortly after Bart started eating. Glad to see him, Jay pulled him in a hug.

“I know you're not here because you missed us.” Uncle Jay winked. “Whatever reason is there? I hope everything's all right.”

Bart snickered and nodded. “I just need an advice about something.” Jay urged him to talk and Barry told him the story about Khione and his suspicions of her being Caroline, Caitlin Snow's daughter.

Jay sighed once Bart finished talking. “That's quite a lot.” Bart looked at him hopefully. “What do you think I should do?” The speedster pondered for a second and then gave Bart an answer. “The girl denied you help, which means she's scared of her powers, too scared to even tell anyone. She probably thinks she would hurt others and that she might handle it on her own. My advice to you, keep an eye on that girl, if she proves to be worthy of suspicion, then confront her again. If not, then you should widen your range of inspecting.”

Bart nodded gratefully. He thanked uncle Jay and after spending some time with them, he left towards his home, making a plan in his mind.