Chapter Nine

Caroline Raymond

“Aggie, out of the subject!” Caroline scolded her friend who exclaimed out of nowhere that she should go and talk to Einri.

“What? How long are you going to wait for him?” Agnetta asked while raising her eyebrows.

Caroline sighed. “Either he mentions the date on his own, or I'm moving on. I'm not gonna wait for him.”

Agnetta's phone fell out of her hands from shock. Caroline was sure Bexley and Tilly would go mad if they heard her but right now they were in another department. Only this two girls were in lab 108.

“Move on?! Caroline, is that really you?! Wait, are you sick?” She touched her forehead to check but Caroline took it off. “I'm fine, okay? But I'm not dumb. He clearly doesn't want a second date with me so why bother?”

And maybe on cue, or with some magical force, someone knocked on the door. After getting the permission, door opened and dark blonde haired boy walked in wearing a smile. He greeted the two girls. Agnetta smirked and glanced at Caroline who slightly glared.

“Hey, Einri.” Agnetta greeted. “What brings you here?”

Einri greeted back and replied. “Your friend here owes me a date.”

Caroline blushed slightly as Agnetta smirked again. “Well, I'll leave you two then.” She stood up to leave.

“Hey, don't go because of me. I'm the one who interrupted.” Einri told her but Agnetta shook her head. “I still have work to do.”

Einri waved his hand at her and sat down on a chair in front of Caroline's desk.

“Okay, I thought you didn't want another date.” Her brows furrowed.

“What made you think that?”

“Well, you were always working and I thought that you were so mad that I kind of accidentally ditched our first date that you didn't want to renew it.” She explained. Einri let out a small chuckle. “All right, that is not what I think.” He told her seriously. “Dr McCoy covered my department with so much work that I barely had time to breathe. But I'm free now, I thought we could have our date today.”

“Today? But I have nothing planned for our date! You should've told me earlier.” She fidgeted her lab coat.

“No need for that.” Einri said. “I made a reservation for us in the new restaurant.”

“But wasn't it my turn to plan? To make up for the fact that I didn't come.” Caroline frowned. The boy in front of her smiled. “You just have to arrive, no need for anything other. Is 6 pm good for you?”

Caroline blinked with suprise. Then she nodded with a smile. “Sounds perfect.”

Not too long after, Einri left. Caroline finished up all her work and drove to her apartment, she had to find a suitable dress and she had absolutely no idea what to wear.

“Momma, I'm in a crisis!” Caroline stared at her mother helplessly who couldn't contain her laughter. “What's so funny? I'm literally our of clothes!”

“And yet, I see closet full.” Caitlin smirked and Caroline groaned. Her mother sighed and went through her clothes to find something good enough. Finally, she took out a navy blue dress and showed it to her child.

“That's beautiful but do I look good in it? I feel like that's not my color.” She frowned. Caitlin on the other hand smiled. “I think you look wonderful in it. Go on, try it.”

Caroline nodded and went to change. In few minutes she came out and heard her mother gasp. “I was right, you like very beautiful, Caroline.”

The young girl smiled and hugged her mother. “I'll find shoes and bag now.”