should i stay or should i go?

The world of bloody red, black vines and towering clouds faded away, vanishing all around her.

She was falling.
Her vision faded to black.

Max, Max, Max, wake up, a voice cries. Stay with me.

Should I stay or should I go? Should she have the choice, she wouldn't know. Max hears his voice now, trembling, calling out to his sister for help. Something is wrong. Breathing becomes hard. He's crying out her name now, and something pangs in her chest, the only feeling she has left. All she wants is to feel the warmth of the California sun on her cheek, the warmth of his embrace around her. She can't feel anything now, not her limbs, not the grasp of his shaking hands. Fear takes over. She doesn't want to die, not yet. She realizes now, that she has so much to live for. A life filled with happiness in place of the anger and emptiness that had been there so many times before. A life filled with love. A life with Lucas. Should she have the choice, she'd stay.

Everything was dark, she couldn't see either. All but a silhouette clouded her vision. This wasn't supposed to happen, no, she wasn't ready. The world is a blur around her, spinning too fast, leaving her dying frame behind. All she hears is the cries of Lucas, begging her to stay with him. She wants to listen, but silence drowns out his pleading voice. And the silence stays.

Everything is gone. Blank, like the sheets of paper before she wrote her life and legacy down before her. Her friends, her family. They couldn't see her now, she couldn't see them. They'd finally get the chance to read them now. If only there had been more time.

All she can do is let the darkness consume her, submerge her in waves of nothingness.