please read!!!

these are caleb's words, if you can't tell

these are caleb's words, if you can't tell. i just got this screenshot off a fan acc's story on instagram and just wanted to raise awareness on the very real matter that racism is everywhere in the fandom.

the characters and actors of colour get least the amount of attention, and twice the amount of hate and it's really infuriating in 2022.

if u don't think this is a problem then u should consider making it one, since thousands of poc fans don't have the privilege of staying completely safe from others.

i was on twitter, just scrolling when i see a thread of people being attacked for making a light joke about finn. mind you, they were poc minors, being sent DEATH THREATS from white people.

caleb got death threats in season 1 too, age 14, for his character simply "not liking" eleven when everyone knows damn well mike did the same to max.

Islamophobia, ableism, homophobia AND racism are all still there, and it's really disgusting.

even a slight joke, even a small comment on someone's race or disability, even looking away from a poc to look at the white, more popular person - it could be laced in racial biases.

i'm posting this on all my stories, and if u wanna copy this please feel free to do so. this fandom is gross.

i may not be writing fics rn, but i'll be writing things like these if it means i have to defend poc like myself and so many others that have to deal with hate 100x harder everyday just for existing.

stay safe out there xx

also 🇵🇭🇵🇭😝