-questions-

Travis' pov/

a part of me wants to tell him everything right here and right now.. explain why i'm the way i am and who i really am. but the other part of me knows it'll just end badly for the both of us. it always has with people i'm honest with.. shit. what do i say. i look like a total freak staring at him like this, so i avert my gaze to lake. i can feel him still staring at me, and it's making my stomach feel twisted. "stop staring. it's weird," i want him to keep looking, but he shouldn't. "oh, okay. i'm sorry. are you okay? do you need me to take you home?" he said in a questioning tone, it's almost like he wants to get away from me. based off his tone, he wants me gone. so i agree.

-time skip to a few days later, at school-

i've been avoiding y/n. i like the way he makes me feel and all.. but that's the problem. i know this isn't right. but it's not like i.. like him or anything. right?

my train of thought didn't last long, it was completely shattered by a familiar pair of steps making their way over to me. y/n. of course. perfect timing. he looks at me like i have something of his, but before i can say anything he's already spouting words. "what's your deal?" he questions. "what do you mean," i question back. "you've been acting like i don't exist! we're friends Travis. but i feel like i'm the only one putting effort in. so tell me. do you want to be friends or not? because if you don't, i want you to tell me," he's rambling on, his sentence finished but i can hear him muttering words under his breath. i don't have enough time to think.. "yes! i do want to be friends! oh my god, stop questioning it!"  i didn't mean to sound harsh, but i did. he stares at me for a second, sometimes i forget how nice his eyes are.. stop. he grabs my arm tightly, pulling me to the bathroom for whatever reason. before i can even push him off, he pulls his hand away. "i want to be friends Travis. so much. and sometimes it hurts that you don't communicate with me. why have you been ignoring me?" his question is almost whispered, but it still felt like a punch to the stomach, and god knows i'm experienced with that.

i lost my words. i just stare at him, he stares back. the air feels heavy, his stare feel heavy. i can feel my throat start twisting up, and it's starting to hurt. i can't say anything, i can't even open my mouth in fear i'll start sobbing like a baby. i can't do anything. i can't even move.

i was lost in my own stupid thoughts before i see him move closer to me. i don't know what to do.. but everything felt slow, like it did when i first started getting to know him. my nose filled with a lavender smell and everything felt light.. like it was floating, like i was floating.

everything felt so slow that i didn't even notice his lips colliding with mine.