chapter two. a sudden adventure

A   S U D D E N   A D V E N T U R Echapter two

chapter two.
- edited 15/07/24

ANGEL JONES was lying sprawled across her bed, her legs draped over the sides and head touching the soft pillow placed beneath her. In many cases including the one she was currently in, her mind was wandering to a place of solace in a weak attempt to distract her from her responsibilities. The girl had a fair bit of homework to catch up on, studying to do, and preparation for the holidays that was nearing a deadly beginning. She wasn't exactly worried about any of it nor was she frothing at the mouth to complete these tasks, however that didn't stop the fact that she'd inevitably have to do it all soon. Until the time called for her to begin working on these duties, as an alternative she distracted herself the best way she thought possible.

First she began fixating on her bedrooms interior. It was fairly basic with a touch of Angelica Sparrow sprinkled around. Her wooden dresser which held her overflowing pile of clothes in displayed shells sat atop the cover, a pile of tarot cards which were a must, small useless nick nacks and her infamous pirate hat that sat collecting dust. Her desk which laboured piles of books and candles, not to mention some of her many treasures she'd found scathing the depths of the waters was accompanied by its matching chair, and a red cushion that sat perched upon its surface like a thrown. In her wardrobe was her coat that was smothered head to toe in leather, the lining inside a deep burgundy. The piece stood out like a sore thumb in comparison to her other clothes.

Her eyes drifted to the closed door which lead to her bathroom. Although she couldn't see it, Angel pictured the room in its exact description, going into extreme detail. It was small but cute and with Auradon's success the bathrooms had quite a hefty budget considering they were dorms. The countertops were a sleek white marble, the flooring a similar shade but tiled. The faucets were coated in gold, Angel didn't know if it was real or not but regardless it gave the bathroom a nice look. She pictured the makeup she owned sprawled across the expensive countertops, likely dirtying the pearly finish.

Thankfully in regards to her situation, or rather her identity crisis at the moment, she was lucky enough to get her own dorm due to the unfortunate circumstances. Fairy godmother figured if anyone were to find out, she'd be royally fucked (no pun intended), so she took extra precautions to prevent the issue from happening. That was the exact reason why her room was strictly off limits to anyone and everyone, even her best mate Joseph. Seeing as it would take one look at the pirate trinkets scattered around her room, and the stolen goods of her voyages to be able to recognised her, it was a precaution for her identity to stay hidden.

After she'd gotten done examining her room she glanced at the digital clock which sat on her bedside table, reading exactly 10:00pm. It wasn't late for her, far from it however the Fairy Godmother had a thing about curfews and what she was itching to do the woman wouldn't be too fond of as it was nearing in less than 30 minutes. However Angel was never a fan of following the rules.