𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

《 •·✧ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐃 ✧·• 》ACT II     CHAPTER XIII( the mind stone )

ACT II CHAPTER XIII
( the mind stone )

ANGELICA SPARROW COULD feel it. The waves of pulsating energy, the blinding gleam burning her retinas, and the manipulative lure of a seemingly innocent lullaby. She had never felt so drawn to something, never once been so enticed by a tempting vitality to peruse the acts of her yearning. And yet there she was, positioned upright. Her eyes tinged a blood thirsty scarlet, and forehead even more so, using her heart instead of her brain.

If it was wrong, why did it feel so right?

There was a safe serenity surrounding whatever controlled her every cells and subconsciousness. Almost like a blissful lull, capturing her attention and choreographing her moves until Angelica finally gave in, and let her black tainted boots touch the rocky terrain.

Angelica wanted to abandon her crew. Discard of them as if they were rubbish, and continue on as if they didn't matter. Because in this alluring trance of nothing but pure chaos, nothing truely mattered to her anymore. Not her father, not Ronan, not Gibbs, and definitely not Elizabeth and Will. Just her, and the glorified stone. The mind stone.

As Angelica ignored Jacks cries of confused desperation, it coming out a mere muffle to her ears that were barley listening. She let the newly visible red wisps lead her up a narrow path. In her peripheral vision laid decomposing bones, prints of both fresh and old blood rotting away, the sort unrecognisable, and as expected, a fair amount of abandoned treasures.

The scene was all too familiar.

But that did not stop her. The vision she was absolutely terrified of and if not traumatised by, she didn't pay any regard to. Not willingly at least. Angelica Sparrow didn't stop, because if she did, she feared not what had happened, but what could.

It took Angelica only a few minutes to meet her required destination. She let her glowing red eyes meet it's ominous exterior. A large entrance with hundreds if not thousands of sharp rocks guarding it's threshold sat in front of Angelica. It's lifeless appearance only dragging her further into the pits of hell. She could only think of the unimaginable creatures lurking within the cave. One indescribable being, much more powerful and cogent than the rest.

She stood frozen by the entrance, her legs unable to move and mind too preoccupied to even think about disobeying it's orders. Angelica wanted to cry, she wanted to let out a blood curdling scream in hopes someone—anyone would hear, and come to her rescue. But being in such a paralysed state of strict orders did not allow her to do so.

And so, her feet began moving once more. Her chest tightened in fear, eyes watering in dismay and hands clammy and shaking. Angelica's breathing heaved deeper each intake, until it's rapid pace matched that of her heart rate. And soon enough, she was almost completely submerged into its manipulative lies.