Emotions are not easy

The light of the moon shimmered gently through the large round window into the big empty room in which the little butterflies of Gabriel life. They now rest still on the floor while moving their wings slightly from time to time.
Gabriel himself had sat down in a corner, his head leaneing against the wall, away from the moonlight like if he wanted to seek protection from it.
In his hand he held the peacock's Miraculous. Duusu herself was currently in this so that only the butterflies kept him company. Even Nooro didn't dare to say a single word.
Gabriel was lelft alone with his thoughs. He didn't want any of that. The last thing he wanted was to hurt Nathalie. She was the only thingt he had lefts next to Adrien.
A sad smile came over him as he shaked his head slightly in disbelief, as if he wanted to deny himself something.
His mind went back to his youth, when he was still in college where he met her, Nathalie. He had been the calm, slightly nerdy guy who was only ever seen with glasses and a sweater, while Nathalie was the kind of woman you only noticed when you had annoyed her and then regretted it very much. The two had got to know each other trough a course they both had. A teacher paired them up, which they first disliked but after spending some time they get to know each other and became friends. After years Nathalie came to him when her job search was not going well. Gabriel then hired her as his assistant and later as Adrien's bodyguard. That was when it all began. And since then she was always there for him. When he got aknowledge as a great Modedesinger, when he married Emilie, when years after that Adrien where born and even now, in this huge pile of crap that the broken Miraculous had created, she was there for him.
A sad sight escaped Gabriel while he closed his hand in a fist to enclose the Miraculous in the darkness of his palm.
Nathalie's eyes were so full of grief and sadness while her words were full of anger. Anger he deserved. He didn't wanted to hurt her. He just wanted to protect her so that she would stop giving up her own health and life for him.
He had noticed the feelings Nathalie had for him a long time ago. No matter how good she was to hide her emotions. Against a Miraculous who was made to feel the feelings of others, she had no chance. She never told her that. Always acted like he didn't know to not make her fluster. He had even tried to ignore it since to him it felt to him like he would spy on her feelings.
Gabriel slowly put his fingertips on his Miraculous and closed his eyes for a moment. But soon after a stroke of emotions come crashing down on him like a bolt of lightning.
He opened his eyes and tried to find the source of these feelings.They where close, too close .. Where that Nathalies feelings?

Nathalie herself just unlocked the frondoor and went in. It was gloomy everywhere, no light source anywhere. Presumably everyone had already gone to bed. Something she should probably do too. Tomorrow there would be a lot to do again, work would have to be done, appointments had to be made and Adrien was always there with his occupations and activities.
"You're back later than usual." Gabriel said who had come to her in the hallway and had quite startled her. Quickly she had turn to the lightswitch makind the room brighte in seconds. For a second she just stand there and stared at him before finding her words back.
"I enjoyed the ambience for a change. You should go there yourself next time. It was nice." she said cold and harsh, which, thanks to Nooros Miraculous, gave Gabriel a little stab in his heart. Wouldn't he know her so well, she would be perfect for an akumatization. Allthough she would just probabbly use it against him but she is strong. She could bring him the Miraculous while she add it. 'enough!' he warned himself in his head.
"Nathalie .. I"
"Save it, Gabriel. I'm tired and would prefer if you just let me go to bed."
"Nath .. please" said Gabriel with such a soft and sweet voice resulting in Nathalie froze in her movement immediately. This soft voice, which Gabriel only use so raerly was always on of her weakspot. He took a cautious step towards her and grabbed her hand before he also froze in his movement.
"You .. smoked?"
"I'm an adult .."
"You never smoked"
Nathalie slowly crossed her arms "I just met someone. We talked, smoked and had a drink."
'Met someone' shot it through Gabriel's head and faster than he could understand it, jealousy and anger shot up in him. It overcome his as fast as if someone just dropped a mentos in a coca cola bottle. Astounded by his realization, Gabriel withdrew his hand. The intensity of his own feelings was too much for him at the moment.
Nathalie noticed is sudden change in the look of his eyes and put her hand carefully on his shoulder. "Gabe, I'm just tired and mad. Let's talk about it tomorrow, okay?" she tried to explain
"Yes .." he replied softly "Yes, you are right .. It's late. I'm sorry. Then sleep well."
Nathalie glanced at him in amazement. She didn't even know his skin could turn so pale. He almost looked like he had seen a ghost. "Are you not okay?" she asked.
"Everything's fine. I'm just tired," he replied before slowly taking her hand off his shoulder and turning around. "I will go to bed too"
With these words he turned around and disappeared back into the darkness as quickly as he had come, leaving Nathalie alone. Slowly she turned to the stairs and took the stairs to the top back to her room leafing her with a weird feeling in her stomach and more questions in her mind.

"did you hear that?"Adrien said to his little friend the Kwami Plagg. Both of them rushed to the door when they heard that Nathalie got scared of something. They stopped when they heard them start talking and moved they head closer to the door to understand what they where saying.
"Looks like they're having an argument ..." he continued when he had made sure that everything was quiet again.
"something like that happens between couples"
"They are not a couple of Plagg and you know that .."
"Details .." the little black kwami replied. In everything that involves love and advice for it, he was always the wrong person to talk to.
"I wonder what they're arguing about ..."
"We know your father. Maybe Miss Heartless has enough of his behaviour too and tries to quit."
"Don't call her that!" Adrien admonished him and gave him a warning look whereupon Plagg just shrugged his shoulders "It's her lastname .."
"Do you think we should interfere?"
"Adrien." his little friend admonished him now "The less we know, the less they can use against us"
"You just want your peace ..." replied the blond boy and went back to his bed, laying his head down on his pillow. "I just want to help you ..". Plagg followed him while also took his old place on the pillow next to Adrien's. "I doubt they would talk to you about it."
at these words Adrien grimaced sadly. Plagg was not wrong. He was still just a child. Adult would not want to talk to him about they problems. Also Gabriel and Nathalie had never been very talkative.
With a slight sigh, Adrien pulled the covers over his face and turned on to the side.
"Okay, your're right, I agree with you...."
"You already have a lot to do anyway, with all your obligations and your job as a chat noir. Why do you want to burden yourself with it when you can eat cheese in peace instead?" Plagg asked but Adrien did not answer this question. He was too absorbed in his thoughts. He just wanted to feel like he belonged here again.He wanted this place to feel like home again. Nathalie had long been part of the family for him. And even if his father wanted to deny it, everyone could see that Nathalie was incredibly important to him. He would wish his father would just admit his feelings and move on with Nathale. Then he maybe would have a normal family again. As all his friends had.Then he could just woke up every morning while they were both would be waiting for him downstairs so they could have breakfast together. After that Nathalie would drive him to school, maybe talk to him as she sometimes did, but without it feeling forced. Ask him what his subject will be. If something important has to be done. And then they would wait for him to come home from school. They would be happy if he came in the door and asked him how his day was and what he would like to eat. That would make Adrien very happy. It would be a normal life he so desperatly wants
With these thoughts he slowly closed his eyes until he fall back to sleep and turning these thoughts into reality in his dreams. At least here all of this would be possible.