No More Games

I sat in Felen's truck, my body positioned to where my back was facing him as he sat on the drivers side. My hair was a mess and I was still wearing my pjs. After I had got done crying in his arms, he forced me outside and into his truck. Telling me if I wanted to know what he did to Juul, I'd be a good little girl and get in his truck. I did exactly what he said, mostly out of fear. But also because I needed to know if he had really hurt Juul. I glanced out my window to the sounds of water lightly tapping against it. It had started to rain, and Felen was already driving like a maniac.

I sat back all the way in my seat and hoped for the best. Wherever we were going, wherever he was taking me, all I could do now was wait. What did happen that day though? I thought. At the school, Juul and I. W-We were just talking and then I.. I couldn't get myself to remember. Everything after Juul and I talking just gets super foggy and blank. And how did he manage to take me home? How would he have even known where I lived? I hadn't ever really spoken to him up until that morning in the cafeteria. I lifted my hand up to my head, rubbing it and trying my best not to think too hard about it. And what if I did just faint? I thought. What if Juul is innocent?

Felen turned up the volume on his trucks stereo just then and side eyed me. He was dressed in all black, wearing a black leather jacket with no shirt underneath. He had a dog chain around his neck and his red hair was covered by a black beanie that had multiple nails and pins going through it. He also had on black sweats and black combat boots made specifically for hunting. He had a knife sticking out of his left boot, and a gun in a holster around his waist. I don't know why he always dressed like he was going to war, but it suited him in a strange way. He really did look exactly how he dressed. Psychotic.

"You know I didn't do anything to him, right?" Felen asked, putting his free arm around my seats head rest. I glanced over at him extremely confused. "Wait..what?" I asked. "You said you didn't like him. A-And you have his wallet." I pointed at the wallet sitting in the middle console, my hands shaking. He nodded and moved his arm from behind my headrest, picking up the wallet and opening it again. I looked at it again, and noticed that it was a fake ID, and the wallet looked new. As if it was just bought a few minutes ago. What the fuck? I thought, staring at Felen. I hadn't thought about any of that prior. I never knew what Juul's wallet looked like to begin with. I didn't even know if he had a wallet. So then why? Why pretend and fake all of that? Was he trying to fuck with me? I was starting to see just how crazy Felen really was, and that scared me more than anything.

I looked away from Felen and out my window, a bit annoyed that he had lied about hurting Juul, but more relieved that nothing had happened to him. "You're sick." I whispered under my breath, still looking out my window at the passing cars and flooded streets. Felen laughed and pulled his truck into a gas station parking lot. He parked next to gas pump #7 and put his truck in park, but not turning it off. I folded my arms across my and I looked over at him as he just sat there. I didn't understand why we were here. He turned off his truck and took out the keys, turning to me and smirking. I rolled my eyes at him. "What?" I asked. He lifted a finger in the air and started shaking it at me. "Ah ah ah, Al's. Don't you want to see your Juul pod?" He asked, still smirking at me.

I nodded and leaned back against my door a little. "Y-Yea." I said, my voice still a bit shaky. He nodded. "Yea, right? Okay. So I said I'd take you to him." He said, his smirk gone and his cold black eyes locked on mine. I stared at him for what felt like centuries. Neither of us breaking eye contact or moving. I finally found my voice and managed to look away from him, staring at the floor instead. "Then why are we at a gas station?" I asked. He lifted his arm again and pointed at the gas station window. I turned my head to follow his finger and I nearly sank in my seat.

Standing behind the counter in a green Buffy's Stop shirt and hat, was Juul Fross. He was at the cash register ringing up customers and laughing with some of them. I stared at him confused, my mind finally realizing what I was seeing. Juul had a job? I glanced over at Felen to see him smiling at me. "I was doing my homework." He said, removing the gun that was in his holster. I stared at his hand as he carefully placed the gun on his lap. "I brought you here to show you he was okay, Al's." Felen said, pulling 3 bullets out of his jacket pocket. "But just as fast as he can be okay," he murmured, loading the bullets into the gun. "he can be not okay." Felen turned to me, lifting the gun and aiming it through my window directly at Juul. "No more games."

I nearly screamed and hopped out of the truck when Felen grabbed my arm and stopped me, putting his hand up to his mouth and covering his lip with one finger. "Shh." He whispered, putting the gun back down on his lap. I sunk back down in my seat and let out a breath, not realizing I had been holding it that entire time. I grabbed ahold of the truck door and tried not to scream for help. Felen opened his glove department again and grabbed me a bottle of water. I took it and started drinking it immediately. He watched me in silence, his eyes mostly staying focused and locked on Juul. "You thought I was going to kill him?" He asked me, a smile creeping up on his face and his focused his gaze onto me. He was amused by my fear. I really hated him for that.

I nodded and set the water down, looking at my lap. Felen shook his head and put his truck back in drive. "I brought you here to show you what I could do if I wanted to. To show you I can find anyone I want. No one can hide, Allie." He lowered his voice and looked at me coldly. "Not even you. I know everything. And if he ever comes to my home again, he won't make it back to his." His tone was more sinister now as he put his foot on the gas and sped out of the gas station lot, heading back in the direction of home. I closed my eyes and tried to fight back tears as I thought of Juul laying on the gas station floor in a pool of his own blood. People from our school would find out, slowly word would spread. I thought about myself laying in a pool of my own blood. Would dad care? What would happen to Felen? What would mom think? Would mom even care? Would mom be happy? I thought, closing my eyes and trying not to think anymore.

I shook my head, pushing out that horrible thought and trying to think of what to do instead. If I told my mom, she wouldn't believe me. I thought. If I told my dad, what could he do? He wouldn't believe his son is twisted. I didn't even know Juul at all. I had just met him on the last day. It wouldn't be right if I just sat here and let Felen have his way with him. I carefully took a glance at Felen without turning my head too much. He was staring straight ahead, almost in a trance. His eyes were blank and non blinking, his body was stiff and he was completely focused on the road. I took a gulp and turned my head completely to him. "Felen?" I asked, watching as his attention quickly shifted to me. I took a deep breath and prepared for the worse. "Please don't hurt Juul."