1st Day Of Summer

I shot straight up in my bed, waking up screaming and crying. I tried to catch my breath and collect myself as tears poured down my cheeks. I started coughing and gagging, flailing my arms around my side dresser for water. I grabbed a bottle that was half full and downed it all in one go. I slowly started to collect myself and focus on my breathing when I realized it had just been a dream. Oh thank fuck. I thought, almost laughing to myself. Fucking Zeeko?! I pulled my pillow over my head and screamed into it. Laying back down and groaning. Why am I dreaming about him? I dont even know him. I thought. I should be more worried about Juul. But I guess I didn't really know him much either.

I tossed my pillow aside and got up, heading towards my bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. I checked the time on my clock and it read 4:33am. Shit. I thought. It was a little too early to be up but it was summer so it didn't matter. I went into my bathroom, shutting the door behind me and removing my clothes. I stepped in front of the mirror and checked myself out. I had long dark brown hair that was wavy and silky and sort of shined whenever it was reflected on certain lights. And bright green eyes that kind of reminded me of cat eyes. A couple of freckles spread across the top of my nose and one cheek piercing I had gotten when I was 15. Sheesh. Talk about shitty. I shook my head and leaned down into my tub, turning on the shower.

~*~

After I showered I headed out of my room, making sure to keep looking back at Felen's room door to make sure it was still shut as I headed for the stairs. The other night had been nothing but awkward. After I told him about Juul, he just left for about 5 hours and came home. Headed straight to his room and didn't say anything to me. He hasn't been out since. That scared me a little because I didn't know Juul that well. I don't know if something happened to him. If Felen..No! I thought.

I shook my head and took my mind off of that. Juul is fine. I told myself. Juul is safe. I made it to the kitchen, only to see Felen standing right in front of the fridge on his phone, almost blocking it in a way. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him. "Where did you go the other night?" I asked, my voice calm. Felen ignored me and just stared at his phone. I hesitated before taking a step towards him. "Felen?" I said, waving my hand in front of him. He looked up from his phone and down at me. "Don't worry about that Juul guy." He said, walking past me and out of the kitchen into the living room. A huge smirk on his face.

I followed after him, a bit scared of what he was going to say next. "Why?" I asked, not really wanting an answer. Felen sat down on the couch and put his feet up on the coffee table, his back facing me. I walked around in front of the couch and was now looking at him face to face. "Felen. Why?" I asked again, my heart beat starting to speed up. We were about 5 or 6 feet apart from each other. He was now staring directly at me. And for the longest time I swear he never blinked. I looked away finally, unable to handle his stare. He laughed and nodded in approval. "Because," he said, shifting his feet and positioning himself upright. "I don't like him. And you know what happens to people I don't like." He then reached down into his pocket and pulled out a wallet. I stared at it, not knowing what to make of it yet. That is until Felen opened it, revealing an Identification Card that belonged to Juul Fross.

I stared at Felen, my body now starting to shake and my knees starting to get weak. Juul's wallet?! I screamed in my head. How did he get that?! Oh my god! Is Juul okay?! I walked over to Felen and snatched the wallet out of his hand. "Felen?! What the hell?! H-How did you get this?!" I screamed at him, tears starting to fall down my cheeks. "D-Did you-" I choked, starting to cry. Felen stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me into his arms and hugging me. I stood there frozen, not understanding what was happening, but for some reason it made me cry harder. I felt myself hugging him back and sobbing into his chest, but also shaking in fear. Felen.. I thought as I cried. What did you do?